I’m back with an Esky this time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
How much do those hitch covers go for? I have one from my 2011 Denali in gloss black that I'm wanting to sell

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
How much do those hitch covers go for? I have one from my 2011 Denali in gloss black that I'm wanting to sell

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

$31 on Amazon. But that’s without the little twist in locking tabs. Those were $10 for 2.

Wish I had known, I would have just bought it from you since it’s already black. Oh well, I have paint supplies and it won’t take long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Tomorrow I’m gonna tackle the plugs, wires, coolant flush, thermostat, crossover line, oil change, belts, tensioners, idler and valve covers. Was gonna start on it today but I got busy making some brackets for another project. Figured I’d share it. I need a shop press and brake to bend some 1/4” flat stock but I don’t have the room to have it sitting around. So I decided to make my own out of stuff I’ve been hoarding.

I wanted to be able to store it under my bench when I don’t need it so I made it 28” tall and out of some 4” C-channel and 1/4” thick angle iron. I picked up a 12 ton low profile bottle jack from Harbor Freight for $30. Still need to finish drilling the holes in side channels and find some return springs.

cb0406fc791d6f8a8b108d4483024a2d.jpg

I made the brake yesterday and took it to work and tried it on our shop press. I didn’t get any pics but I do have a video of it bending some flat stock. Not sure how I can load it here. I painted it last night and it wasn’t dry so I left it there. Not sure if I can upload to YouTube but I’ll try and then link it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Tomorrow I’m gonna tackle the plugs, wires, coolant flush, thermostat, crossover line, oil change, belts, tensioners, idler and valve covers. Was gonna start on it today but I got busy making some brackets for another project. Figured I’d share it. I need a shop press and brake to bend some 1/4” flat stock but I don’t have the room to have it sitting around. So I decided to make my own out of stuff I’ve been hoarding.

I wanted to be able to store it under my bench when I don’t need it so I made it 28” tall and out of some 4” C-channel and 1/4” thick angle iron. I picked up a 12 ton low profile bottle jack from Harbor Freight for $30. Still need to finish drilling the holes in side channels and find some return springs.

cb0406fc791d6f8a8b108d4483024a2d.jpg

I made the brake yesterday and took it to work and tried it on our shop press. I didn’t get any pics but I do have a video of it bending some flat stock. Not sure how I can load it here. I painted it last night and it wasn’t dry so I left it there. Not sure if I can upload to YouTube but I’ll try and then link it.

Great job. Just download the vid to youtube and post it. You could show the vid by hitting the share link, get the link, then by hitting the film looking icon --2nd from the smiley face icon, it'll say embed--or something similar--paste the link and there you go.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know why I've never made myself a brake. As I watched your vids, I recalled a handful of instances where it would've made a project much faster and easier.

Well, I gotta get a press first. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e