Hydroboost Conversion DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I was tired of my spongy brakes on my 01 Yukon so I decided to follow these DIY instructions on converting to hydroboost.
http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-drivetrain-suspension-22/hydroboost-conversion-how-pics-441147/
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96726
My hydroboost came from a 05 Sierra 2500 and I got the pedal too from the junkyard for $115. Then I ordered lines from rockauto.com for a 05 z71 Tahoe, which I probably needed the line from the pump to booster from a 01-03 2500 truck. The booster to gearbox line worked perfectly along with the drain hose. I did not have to remove my PS pump, however my pressure line out of the pump was facing the front of the Yukon and I had to bend the hose I ordered. I would make sure you check the pump prior to ordering the hoses. Then I followed the other sites DIY and installed all the parts. You don't have to replace your master cylinder, just bolt it onto the hyrdoboost from the vacuum boost. I didn't remove any brake lines doing this install and only need 1 quart of PS fluid. Total cost was less than $200 and it helps huge compared to the vacuum boost! I will also be installing stainless steel brake lines and GMT900 front calipers and rotors. This should decrease some stopping distance and help with towing. Heres a couple pics of the installed booster and lines going to pump/gearbox/drain.
IMG_0143.jpg
IMG_0144.jpg

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Thanks! It is a MUST if you want to actually stop the heavier rides with a sports car feel. I can't wait to get the larger rotors/pads and stainless steel lines installed. I am sure it will really stop then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove