Zero brakes - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bled the brakes again with the ABS pump running, no air coming out only fluid. The pedal never gets hard no matter how many times it’s pumped with the car off. Not loosing any fluid while car is sitting. No front brakes at all but have no air and only fluid when bleeding, rear brakes work when pedal is to the floor and when bleeding no air comes out just fluid.

Can you post a pic of your rear calipers?

OP
OP
C

Cellison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dammit. Your symptoms match those of calipers installed on the wrong sides which puts the bleeders at the bottom. My next stabs are defective new master cylinder or there's a crap ton of air trapped in it somewhere.
I have gotten 2 master cylinders from autozone. i was thinking of trying again.. maybe 3rd times a charm. After that I am going to remove the abs pump and just completely bypass it. See if that does anything. I have never had this happen before.

OP
OP
C

Cellison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got third master cylinder, bench bleed it until no bubbles when pushing plunger. Installed it. Bypassed abs pump. Still no pedal. With car off it will never get hard. I am completely at a loss.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What was the pedal like after you plugged it, before you connected the lines?

OP
OP
C

Cellison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What was the pedal like after you plugged it, before you connected the lines?
It’s not firm, as if it’s never depleting the vacuum in the booster. I can easily push the pedal to the floor, when car is on there is 0 resistance. (New booster, MC, rubber brake lines and calipers)

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm confused, which is a fairly normal trait over here. ;)

After the MC was bled, were the output ports plugged (no lines connected) and, if so, what was the pedal like then?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts