Zero brakes - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cellison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm confused, which is a fairly normal trait over here. ;)

After the MC was bled, were the output ports plugged (no lines connected) and, if so, what was the pedal like then?
The pedal with no lines connected is the same as when I connect the brake lines. I can mash the pedal to the floors with little effort without lines connected and with lines connected. From my understanding, the pedal should become hard after 2-4 pumps when it uses all the stored vacuum from the booster. But it’s like it’s never gets firm.

It could be a very simple solution that I’m overlooking because I’m so frustrated with this, I went from locked up brakes to no brakes

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pedal with no lines connected is the same as when I connect the brake lines. I can mash the pedal to the floors with little effort without lines connected and with lines connected. From my understanding, the pedal should become hard after 2-4 pumps when it uses all the stored vacuum from the booster. But it’s like it’s never gets firm.

It could be a very simple solution that I’m overlooking because I’m so frustrated with this, I went from locked up brakes to no brakes
So with the ports on the MC plugged after bench bleeding it and then installing it, leaving the ports plugged, you are getting no resistance in the pedal?

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When bench bleeding M/C, move it nose up / nose down when "pumping"a few times to get that last bubble out. It usually floats up in reservoir.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed your M/C parts source..... Several years ago (4-5-6) A friend with a small auto shop mentioned that he finally started putting a small auto centerpunch mark on each non functioning new M/C he returned to AZ. Seems they had a problem about the warehouse swapping boxes and sending them back to stores. He caught a few in that way.

OP
OP
C

Cellison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just noticed your M/C parts source..... Several years ago (4-5-6) A friend with a small auto shop mentioned that he finally started putting a small auto centerpunch mark on each non functioning new M/C he returned to AZ. Seems they had a problem about the warehouse swapping boxes and sending them back to stores. He caught a few in that way.
Got a 3rd MC and all is good now. Who would have thought I could get 2 bad ones. So incredibly irritating.

OP
OP
C

Cellison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No problem! These master cylinders gave me a run for my sanity that’s for sure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts