How To: Setup Auto Ride for Lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmordie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
suspensionmaxx.com sells the kit you need for auto ride it comes with these special brackets. Very easy to install i just did mine last night

ashm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Will this work with AWD? May be a silly question, but my husband is telling me it's going to cost me a lot to lift my 07 awd Denali xl and that id have to get rid of my air ride. I'm trying to prove him wrong

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yes it will work on a Denali. I own a Denali with a lift and on factory air ride.

Nguyt518

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Konvict,
I been following this thread for a while now. Finally went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered a 3.5" RC kit.

Had no issues with the install, but I can't, for the life of me, figure out how long the all thread needs to be for the front shocks/rear shocks.

Is there any way you can help me with this?

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Konvict,
I been following this thread for a while now. Finally went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered a 3.5" RC kit.

Had no issues with the install, but I can't, for the life of me, figure out how long the all thread needs to be for the front shocks/rear shocks.

Is there any way you can help me with this?

Glad you went ahead and got a kit! To set the rods back to stock. Disconnect the ride height rod from the level arms. Hold the level arm at 0 degrees then measure the distance from the lower ball to top ball. Subtract the distance the rod stops inside each ball end and you should have the desired length needed to set them all back to 0 degrees

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
01Konvict, another question for you since you're the master of autoride levels/lifts. I just put a 2/1 level (front lower spacer/rear spring spacer) on my LTZ, and the rear sits 1/4" lower than the front. I was surprised since most of the guys on this forum with the CCM kit are level with 2.5/1. I haven't extended the ride height rods yet though, I'm planning to do that this weekend.

Will extending the rods cause the compressor to raise the rear a bit to match or go higher than the front, or should I go ahead and order a 1.5" spacer?

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
01Konvict, another question for you since you're the master of autoride levels/lifts. I just put a 2/1 level (front lower spacer/rear spring spacer) on my LTZ, and the rear sits 1/4" lower than the front. I was surprised since most of the guys on this forum with the CCM kit are level with 2.5/1. I haven't extended the ride height rods yet though, I'm planning to do that this weekend.

Will extending the rods cause the compressor to raise the rear a bit to match or go higher than the front, or should I go ahead and order a 1.5" spacer?

Haha glad to help! If your only off by a 1/4" the air shocks should give you that since they level mine when loaded on a trailer dropping the rear an 1/2" or so. Can always make the rear rods a tad longer so the compressor will shut off once the rear is higher up.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll set the rear rods higher and I'll see what the compressor does.

Edit: I did so, but the compressor didn't raise the rear any. I think I might need longer brackets to extend the rods. The ones I made only raised the rod about 3/8", so I'll make some that raise it 1" and see what happens.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low

Latest posts