How To: Setup Auto Ride for Lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

09 L9H

not a boomer
Reaction score
Is it also possible to just go into the BCM using a Tech2 and disable Z55? I'm thinking about getting Bilstein 5100s all around and doing a 2/1.5 lift.

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Is it also possible to just go into the BCM using a Tech2 and disable Z55? I'm thinking about getting Bilstein 5100s all around and doing a 2/1.5 lift.

Maybe I don’t have one to test but I know the older models can have special loading through the BCM. Some require the VIN to be programmed and not sure what can be deselected. Maybe find a car with some interior options except suspension and use their vin

09 L9H

not a boomer
Reaction score
Maybe I don’t have one to test but I know the older models can have special loading through the BCM. Some require the VIN to be programmed and not sure what can be deselected. Maybe find a car with some interior options except suspension and use their vin
You can buy a 3-day license for a PC Tech 2 emulator through ACDelco TDS for $55, which seems like a good deal. I'd do it, but I've never played around with it before and I don't want to screw anything up.

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
You can buy a 3-day license for a PC Tech 2 emulator through ACDelco TDS for $55, which seems like a good deal. I'd do it, but I've never played around with it before and I don't want to screw anything up.

That would be useful! Could be fun to to see how fast and what trigger causes my stable track to kick on in turns. I’m guessing yaw sensor from body roll after lifting.

AJK192609

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure rough country works but don’t know about tough country. All kits will work as long as the kit retains stock shocks with extensions. Then use the rod spacers to set ride height sensor.
I'm getting the lift installed this weekend. Thanks for the help. I have run into one problem though, how are people extending the wire to the front shock? Is there a place that makes a pigtail? Thanks.

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I'm getting the lift installed this weekend. Thanks for the help. I have run into one problem though, how are people extending the wire to the front shock? Is there a place that makes a pigtail? Thanks.

They usually have enough room to drop down to shocks. Just unclip them on the frame rail and move the wiring harness around. If you don’t have enough then cut and splice wires to make longer. Solder each splice and cover with heat shrink

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
How’s it work when lifting an autoride truck and the stbikitrak? I’ve heard you can have issues.

Same process here. Stable track is only an issue in turns. Even mine kicks on every once in a while on exit ramps. I suspect it’s extra sensitive with knuckle lifts over full drop kits. Maybe that’s my thoughts but either that or the extra body roll causing the yaw sensor to activate it

zachary barnett

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am having an issue with the rear end being lower than the front. I have a 2010 Yukon Denali Xl and i installed the suspension maxx 2.5 front level and 1 inch in the back. From what i have seen on these forums the rear should be just a tad higher than the front. could i have put the bracket on wrong? or is this a different issue? please, any help would be much appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts