How To:Samsung Galaxy Tab Stereo for Bose trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How hard would it be to install a backup cam?

Incredibly hard to basically impossible on the tablet itself. They don't have an input. You would have to get a separate screen for the camera

lost06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so, how does it do at night? i use my dimmer a lot to reduce the glare while driving on unlit back roads.

Does the rear video still operate with the headphones?

And, how has this held up since you have had it installed for a few months? Anything you would've done differently?

351cougarman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in the process of doing this mod to my NBS Tahoe non Bose and ran into a problem. I have a JBL MS8 and I'm using it's aux port to the tab 3 as my radio. after stumbling across this thread I went to work with the install. My problem is that I'm not getting any power to the MS8 or anything connected to it anymore. Will picking up a GMOS04 aftermarket stereo wiring adapter and wiring it up solve my issue? The Tablet and everything else was working fine before I took the stock radio out and unplugged the onstar I wonder if this threw things off. I thought with having the MS8 I could just plug and play without the harness...guess I was wrong

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well what are you powering the MS-8 with? if you dont care about RAP the you could tap the SEO ACC fuse for 12v accessory power. Thats what I did with my double din.

351cougarman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well what are you powering the MS-8 with? if you dont care about RAP the you could tap the SEO ACC fuse for 12v accessory power. Thats what I did with my double din.

From the stock amp behind the glove box. I really dont care about RAP I think I'll give that a shot later when I get home. :thumbsup:

351cougarman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's working now after going straight to fuse box only thing is that the MS8 display screen cuts off and on and im also getting that noise through the speakers like I have a bad ground connection. It goes away then comes back it's not that bad but it wasnt doing that at first. If I were to get the GMOS04 aftermarket stereo wiring adapter could I just use it to get the stock amp going again?
I only want it working so that I can connect the MS8 12v power wire to the pink wire like it was.

351cougarman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there even a GMOS available for 2001 tahoes? Cruchfield site says that none of them are compatible.

1sikrex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Or u can stream all ur music from ur phone to ur tablet through bluetooth. Or if u have an android phone just use Google Drive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz