How To:Samsung Galaxy Tab Stereo for Bose trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doverpoint

Reaction score
where do you plug the microphone into, or is it Bluetooth? I have a similar setup with my Galaxy tab 2 7" in my NBS, but I use the onboard mic and although it is mounted in the dash like yours (I didn't use the plexiglass), the mic works fine. I Skype on the time with it.

mazdawg(Mikey)

HGIC(head ginger in charge)
Reaction score
for a volume knob.....you can get a universal "bass knob" that has rca in and rca out. put it between the splitters and the rca to 3.5 cable and use it to cut the signal. just leave the tablet volume at 100%

boybadone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is awesome

Thanks for sharing. I have a few questions:

Can i tether this to my iphone5 with verizon service?

If so, will the data usage be the same? (I do not have unlimited)

How is the sound quality with all of the adapters?

Can a rear view camera be integrated?

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i plan on getting a center console soon and making a fiberglass housing for this tablet this gives alot of good info hopefully il have mine as soon as i find a nice center console since i have the bench seat

ajaxnxs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also use kies air which is a stock samsung program to transfer files back and forth. Love the mod and thanks for the layout!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S4

Blue2002Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will this work on a standard stereo if I use a different tablet that fits the size?

OP
OP
ballsie

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but you would need an aftermarket amp to power your speakers. The Bose system has an amp in the center console. I believe the non-Bose systems are powered through the stock head unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14