Is there an amp-replacement harness available for Bose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bufalo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an '05 XL Denali with Y91 / digital amp. I've replaced the head unit with a Pioneer and the PAC RP5GM11 setup. All works fine, but I am planning on replacing the door speakers and using an aftermarket amplifier for the front stage and the console sub. For other cars I've owned, I've been able to find "amp-bypass" or "amp-replacement" wiring harnesses that will plug into the factory wiring in place of the amp itself and give you pre-marked speaker terminals and turn-on and in some cases even usable power and ground.

I haven't been able to find that being offered by the usual Metra/Axxess/PAC suspects, but wasn't sure if there's anyone else out there offering this sort of adapter. I very much don't wish to cut all that apart if I can avoid it!

If nothing else, what's a reliable source for a wiring diagram in 2022 for an '05 truck????

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On Y91 lux the sound data comes in via a class ii wire and the amp splits out to the discrete channels after DSP and amplification. I have not heard of a module like you’re after but I haven’t looked for one, either.

OP
OP
B

Bufalo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Right - the input is on the data line, but the amplified speaker-level signal still has to go out on traditional speaker wiring to the doors - that's what I'm hoping to tap into without cutting or running new wire.

Meathead16

Reaction score
Did you ever manage to find anything? I'm thinking I want to replace it all with aftermarket as my right speakers are in less than ideal shape, I have an amp and subs from my car that I miss dearly, and have heard anything non-Bose mixed with anything Bose doesn't work right, so might as well get everything Bose out of there but would also like to avoid an indepth surgical procedure with my soldering gun

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts