How To:Samsung Galaxy Tab Stereo for Bose trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ballsie

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so, how does it do at night? i use my dimmer a lot to reduce the glare while driving on unlit back roads.

Does the rear video still operate with the headphones?

And, how has this held up since you have had it installed for a few months? Anything you would've done differently?

The tablet has an automatic dimmer that dims when it gets dark in the truck. Dimming/brightness has never been an issue

The only issue I have had so far is the battery temp in the summer. The tablet will pop up a message saying the battery is hot and charging will be paused until the battery cools down. Tablet works fine, but the popup comes back every few minutes until it cools down. I am planning on patching a little hose from the ac vent behind the dash bezel to the back of the tablet so it will cool down faster on hot days.

Last edited:

1sikrex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I could build you a harness if you would like.

I have a 2002 tahoe ls with no onstar. Can't find a harness for it. Do I still need one? And I also have sirius satellite radio. Is there an adapter or something that I can hook it up to the tablet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Doverpoint

Reaction score
Where are you plugging the microphone into?

Also, does anyone know of a write-up on how to use Tasker?

Asylum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't like the fact of having the nexus 10 battery in the truck on hot summer days or even in the cold below 0 degrees. So what i did was buy a 20 amp 12v to 5v step down. I soldered the positive and negative directly to the two leads of the tablet battery and removed it. I also used the same transfo to power a usb power hub for hdd and other things related to OTG. Just be sure to fuse it before the tablet.

Installing it this way will keep the memory of time and settings in ur tablet, since the 12v step down is connected directly to your main batt.

I installed a relay that works off the same signal as the remote wire for the amp so that when truck is turned off or on, it will control the voltage going to the usb hub so it won't drain the battery.

Let me know if your interested in installing it this way, I'll do my best to help you through it.

Last edited:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 tahoe ls with no onstar. Can't find a harness for it. Do I still need one? And I also have sirius satellite radio. Is there an adapter or something that I can hook it up to the tablet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

You would have to download the sirius app.

Doverpoint

Reaction score
I like how you removed the batt from the Nexus. Since you have this connected directly to the truck battery, is it always on? Or, do you power it on and off?

StickerShockPDX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For everyone asking about backup cams, there are wifi and bluetooth reverse cams on ebay. Here is one of the wifi ones.

I have a 2003 Denali XL with the non-touchscreen nav HU. I am so touchscreen oriented with my S3 and my laptop I can't stand the stupid little joystick! This looks like a great mod. I have a couple extra old 7" tablets, I am ordering a GMOS-04 right now.

easybake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This should still work with the PAC RP5-GM11 correct? I as I looked through, no one answered the question of where for the microphone plug into.

Also one more questions has anyone retained the steering wheel controls?

OP
OP
ballsie

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This should still work with the PAC RP5-GM11 correct? I as I looked through, no one answered the question of where for the microphone plug into.

Also one more questions has anyone retained the steering wheel controls?

Don't know anything about your PAC, but the mic plugs in via the headphone jack. It's a 3 post terminal (left, right, microphone)

My truck doesn't have steering wheel controls, but I would think you would need to be a GM electrical engineer to figure that one out. Good luck with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts