How To:Samsung Galaxy Tab Stereo for Bose trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I need to do something like this as well. I just don't know if running my system off of the head phone jack would be the best. Might have to throw some ideas around.

99fever27

Reaction score
anyway to mod a rear view camera? How about the steering wheel controls for volume? Sweet mod:pepper:

scribble

Reaction score
Is there any way to get a usb port added somewere to stick a thumb drive. I like this idea but I would want to eliminate my ipod then so I want to be able to ahve access to allot of music.

OP
OP
ballsie

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to get a usb port added somewere to stick a thumb drive. I like this idea but I would want to eliminate my ipod then so I want to be able to ahve access to allot of music.

I dont know of a way to add a USP port, but the tablet has a MicroSD card slot. I have a 32gb card in there with music and a few movies. I read that the 32gb is the biggest you can go.

scribble

Reaction score
Ok that is a good idea, just would like to modify my music more than removing dash to change.

OP
OP
ballsie

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't pull the dash if I need to access it. I pull the cup holder and the USB cable is right there. I just pull the USB cable from the charger and plug into my laptop. You can also set up an app called AirPlayIt and stream all your music and movies to the tablet from your home computer. You just need an Internet connection for both devices

karlh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have some questions that I feel might be kind of lame. That means they probably are:)

But :wtf2: I am going to ask anyhow. Don't be starting any :gayfight: over it.

My Hoe does not have the nav unit. I wouldn't want it to. I live on a okay block that has some not so okay people that walk down the block in the wee hours. A screen on a radio is like a theft invitation. Can the tablet be convienetly taken in and out for regular use and to reduce the likelyhood of theft?

Also what are the benefits of doing this?

I'm an enquiring geek. I want to know.

Thanks!

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some questions that I feel might be kind of lame. That means they probably are:)

But :wtf2: I am going to ask anyhow. Don't be starting any :gayfight: over it.

My Hoe does not have the nav unit. I wouldn't want it to. I live on a okay block that has some not so okay people that walk down the block in the wee hours. A screen on a radio is like a theft invitation. Can the tablet be convienetly taken in and out for regular use and to reduce the likelyhood of theft?

Also what are the benefits of doing this?

I'm an enquiring geek. I want to know.

Thanks!

In NBS trucks the tablet can easily be removed, I do it all the time to let my kids play on it. As for NNBS trucks, here is the thread that a member is working on installing a tablet now
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=632925

For the features/benefits I like, I can choose navigation apps, I downloaded tons of music onto the tablet, movies, nicer screen clarity, Internet access (provided you have wifi or paid service), basically anything a smartphone can do plus it looks cool :)

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wish verizon wouldn't cry about tethering so much. this is definitely a great idea.

nice install too btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645