How to MarkVIII your OBS on a budget..!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow great great, the best idea ever why I was thinking of the dual efan

Thank you

Goldhawg

Reaction score
Quick wiring ?. I picked up the 195/210 BMW temp sensor in the j/y a couple of days ago, and my wires look a little different. I'm guessing the brown is the ground? Does it matter which of the two other wires go to the volvo relay? I mean I have two wires (one for low speed and one for high speed) on both the volvo relay and on the temp sensor. Does it matter which one connects to which, or just when it hits the temp it turns on?

Hope this is clear what I'm asking...

Attachments

• BMW temp sensor Mark VIII.jpg
    BMW temp sensor Mark VIII.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
Monstar_est87

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If ur connector is different thats fine... You should see tiny numbers on the connector like so...
1369709674804.jpg
#2 on the connector goes to #2 on the volvo relay (High speed), #3 on the connector goes to #1 on the Volvo relay ( low speed), #1 goes to a ground...
The larger wires on the Volvo relay #2 connect to the high speed on the fan pigtail, #1 connect to the low speed on the fan pigtail... And gound is the black wire on the fan pigtail... To figure out which is which on the fan place the fan face down on the floor, and connect a battery booster or jumper cable to the wires, black to black for ground and test the other two wires with the red or positive cable...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Monstar_est87

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should make some kits and sell em lol ...nice work none the less

Thanx... I thought about putting a kit together, but after parts, shipping and room for profit it would cost as much as a nice online kit with all new parts... So selling a kit with all used parts just didnt seem right... Plus its still not perfected... (A/c isn't cold until temps are up to trigger the fan)... I just wanted 2 share the info I gathered and my final result after plenty of trial and error...

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To solve the a/c install a push efan from the other side of the radiator so when the a/c compressor activated the push efan will work and do the job.

Now you have only one fan on battery so adding the other won't be trouble or extra load its like having dual efan.

You can get this efan ready with fitting brackets from AC Delco I got it

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

I am following your work please keep it up,

You did the right choice by the single strong efan.

And dual signal controller.

But what you realize is there is a problem it is the A/C exterior condenser needs to be cooled down to operate much better.

Now think of this two idea's:
1- AC Delco OEM pushing efan for A/C.
2- a controller thats start as 50% then increase and decrease automatically and smoothly and can take the high amp start peek.

Spal had a good controller as functionality but I don't think its that good as reliability.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanx... I thought about putting a kit together, but after parts, shipping and room for profit it would cost as much as a nice online kit with all new parts... So selling a kit with all used parts just didnt seem right... Plus its still not perfected... (A/c isn't cold until temps are up to trigger the fan)... I just wanted 2 share the info I gathered and my final result after plenty of trial and error...

You are supposed to run the fans or at least one when the AC is on to solve that.