How to MarkVIII your OBS on a budget..!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will do! wont get it done this weekend but ill get the parts collected. may trim the shroud back some too, lik the circular part so theres more room between motor and rad.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found me a fan today :) the 18 inch one. also found the temp mirror for 2 bucks. cant wait to install em both. going back sunday to get dual exhaust tail pipes and ill look for the volvo relay. forget what it looked like haha

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where would i put the sensor? where the stock coolant one is in intake? ive got a 350 tbi...

The passengers head ... the one in the intake is for the computer, the drivers head is the gauge. Passengers head has a plug, that's where I put mine. That is also where any air pockets will usually form if your cooling system isn't up to *****. It's possible to have a blocked passage causing air pockets in the head and still have cool enough fluid coming out of the intake to not trigger the fans. In that case you'ld be ****** ... or e-****** I guess. :p

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i read about that glad someone used that spot. which sensor did you use? im hoping i can make this all look like it came with e fan

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i read about that glad someone used that spot. which sensor did you use? im hoping i can make this all look like it came with e fan

I used the one that came with my wiring kit, I got the setup from Jegs, you can probably use an adapter to mount yours there. Aside from a wire or two poking out that only other Tahoe owners would notice mine looks pretty factory from the top or the front ...

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year Mark VIII was the fan out of?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

OP
OP
Monstar_est87

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response... But my fan is out of a 97 mark8... U can use any fan from a mark8 or a thunderbird 94-97... The volvo relay i have is out of a 96 u can find these in most volvo 93-98(i believe) models with an efan... The bmw temp sensor is out of a 96 3series...

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response... But my fan is out of a 97 mark8... U can use any fan from a mark8 or a thunderbird 94-97... The volvo relay i have is out of a 96 u can find these in most volvo 93-98(i believe) models with an efan... The bmw temp sensor is out of a 96 3series...

Thanks. Will be on the look out next weekend when I hit the bone yard.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

95BlackTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The passengers head ... the one in the intake is for the computer, the drivers head is the gauge. Passengers head has a plug, that's where I put mine. That is also where any air pockets will usually form if your cooling system isn't up to *****. It's possible to have a blocked passage causing air pockets in the head and still have cool enough fluid coming out of the intake to not trigger the fans. In that case you'ld be ****** ... or e-****** I guess. :p

I need to ask...what tool did you use to remove the plug in the head? Thats where I want to put mine. However, I thought a 3/8 extension would fit. It didn't. Not sure what to use. I plan on installing the tpi camaro sensor there.

Shawn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts