How to MarkVIII your OBS on a budget..!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Monstar_est87

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Atomic, I had 2 redeem myself after causing the raise and fall of the "Anyone do E-fans on a obs??" thread... I usually run at 14 amps and at nite with the headlights ill drop to 13... so not bad at all...

OP
OP
Monstar_est87

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id suggest buying the bmw connector & wires new... They'll b really brittle and fall apart at the junk yard...

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not run that temp sensor in the intake or the head and clean it up a bit?

OP
OP
Monstar_est87

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not run that temp sensor in the intake or the head and clean it up a bit?

I thought about the intake, the radiator, the block, the thermostat housing, the heater hoses... But I took in2 consideration wat would be the least expensive to replace if I messed up or broke sumthing... And TAH DAH..! Incase u guys didnt notice I went the same route Sparg did... He coached me through this here and there...

OP
OP
Monstar_est87

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes sir... The volvo relays are either located behind the passenger headlight or on the fan shroud above the fan... And be sure u get plenty of slack on the plugs and wires... Check for corrosion and brittle wires... If u check out the bmws look on the passenger side of the radiator at the top thats where the sensor is... In the brass part of it look for 80°/88° (celsius) thats the one u want...

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks. been reading either tarus fan 16" or mark 8 18" are good ones. also seen some about windstar ones? ill look for that hopefully im sucessful. ive got a old sign im gona cut up and seal off the rad shroud. also should work better with the shroud bakc together since its spaced apart for the bl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11