How quickly did you switch out the OEM tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gfortier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought my Yukon AT4 in March 2022, and I switched out my stock wheels in June that same year. I would have done it much sooner than that if there wasn't a gross backorder of the wheels I wanted to choose from. I originally wanted brand new 26x14 inch wheels from KG1 or JTX forged wheels, but neither manufacture had them in stock. They were "on the water" from China, so I would have had to wait at least 6 months. I didn't want an old wheel design that's already been out for several years, so I waited for about a month and decided to go with my 4Play wheels.

I had been looking at my 4Play wheels since before I got my truck but put them on the backburner because their P45F wheels only came in "24". I really wanted a 26" wheel, but they just weren't available at that given time. I eventually caved in and bought the 4Play wheels because I wanted to be one of the first people out there to put a wide stance offroad wheel on this newer body style GM, and I'm kind of glad I did. There aren't too many 2-piece off road wheels, and the design isn't like anything I've seen on the market. I get compliments and head turns daily, and they're so much easier to clean than most wheels because of the large windows between the spokes.
What size tire are you running on the 24” wheel and what backspacing? My wife wants 24’s with a larger tire on her 23 RST. Thanks

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size tire are you running on the 24” wheel and what backspacing? My wife wants 24’s with a larger tire on her 23 RST. Thanks
I'm currently running a 33x12.50r24, but I'm going with a much larger Gladiator MT Comp 35x12.50r24 for my next set. The 33's are okay, but look small on the truck. I also have a spare rim with the Gladiator, and it looks so much better. 2 inches higher, but it'll flatten out once I put some weight on it.?hash=ec2e728e7a2e60d38a739f7ba0ace1c2.jpg

Last edited:

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm currently running a 33x12.50r24, but I'm going with a much larger Gladiator MT Comp 35x12.50r24 for my next set. The 33's are okay, but look small on the truck. I also have a spare rim with the Gladiator, and it looks so much better. 2 inches higher, but it'll flatten out once I put some weight on it.View attachment 408414

The current 33’s flatten out with weight too…so they will still be roughly 2” taller haaaaaa

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The current 33’s flatten out with weight too…so they will still be roughly 2” taller haaaaaa
I hate that after all these decades, GM still hasn't conformed to what offroad enthusiasts want in a fender... to widen or lengthen them to accommodate 35's and above. Granted with the right wheel offset and setup, 35's are possible on current generation fullsized SUV's, but not so much in my case with 14 wide. If the current fenders flared out 4 inches on each side towards the bottom, then I'd have no problem turning with 35's.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate that after all these decades, GM still hasn't conformed to what offroad enthusiasts want in a fender... to widen or lengthen them to accommodate 35's and above. Granted with the right wheel offset and setup, 35's are possible on current generation fullsized SUV's, but not so much in my case with 14 wide. If the current fenders flared out 4 inches on each side towards the bottom, then I'd have no problem turning with 35's.
They came up with a great look for the factory setup…flared fenders and room for 35’s on 14 wides would stupid with stock tires.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They came up with a great look for the factory setup…flared fenders and room for 35’s on 14 wides would stupid with stock tires.
True, but if Ford can do it with the Raptor and TRX, why can't GM & Chevy? ...Because they're too damn conservative, and don't take risks.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True, but if Ford can do it with the Raptor and TRX, why can't GM & Chevy? ...Because they're too damn conservative, and don't take risks.

If they were producing a vehicle that came with 35x12.5 tires, and even 37’s with the raptor, im sure they would do something with the fenders. But they dont.

Kehoelaw1989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will run them until they need replaced. Knowing that they won't last too long. I currently have 26.6K on mine.
Same here...I'm at that mileage myself. They might not be great, but I already managed one winter with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10