How Can I Soften Suspension on PPV Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's simplify this by starting here:

Do you want your Tahoe to be the same height as it is now or do you want it to be lower or do you care if it is a little higher?

OP
OP
A

A123

Reaction score
Let's simplify this by starting here:

Do you want your Tahoe to be the same height as it is now or do you want it to be lower or do you care if it is a little higher?

I won't mind if it is higher or as how it is right now. But for sure not lower.

If I keep the height as it is now would it ride stiffer than a stock Civilian Tahoe height?

OP
OP
A

A123

Reaction score
Does changing rear springs to stock springs make a difference in ride? Which one are the best ones to buy?

What stock springs? You want to change your stock PPV springs for stock "regular" Tahoe springs? Different springs will always ride differently.

Yes, stock spring from a Civilian Tahoe. Which civilian Tahoe springs ride the best?[/QUOTE]

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I won't mind if it is higher or as how it is right now. But for sure not lower.

If I keep the height as it is now would it ride stiffer than a stock Civilian Tahoe height?

In short, yes.

Yes, stock spring from a Civilian Tahoe. Which civilian Tahoe springs ride the best?
[/QUOTE]

Ok, NOW I'm getting what you're after here. A Tahoe, Yukon or Escalade with RPO ZW7 has the best riding springs. Couple these with the Bilstein 4600 shocks and struts and you'll have a much softer but still controlled ride. Installing these springs will lift your Tahoe about 1.5" to the height of a civilian Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade. I'd try to find someone that lowered their Yukon or Escalade and get their stock springs.

OP
OP
A

A123

Reaction score
In short, yes.

Ok, NOW I'm getting what you're after here. A Tahoe, Yukon or Escalade with RPO ZW7 has the best riding springs. Couple these with the Bilstein 4600 shocks and struts and you'll have a much softer but still controlled ride. Installing these springs will lift your Tahoe about 1.5" to the height of a civilian Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade. I'd try to find someone that lowered their Yukon or Escalade and get their stock springs.

Ah, Ok I see, so I don't mind if it raises 1.5". I found the Bilstien 4600 shocks and struts. I'd appreciate if I can get the part number for RPO ZW7 springs.

Will the RPO ZW7 springs fit on the Bilstien 4600?

Thanks

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, Ok I see, so I don't mind if it raises 1.5". I found the Bilstien 4600 shocks and struts. I'd appreciate if I can get the part number for RPO ZW7 springs.

Will the RPO ZW7 springs fit on the Bilstien 4600?

Thanks

ZW7 is the RPO code for GM's "Smooth Ride" suspension. Many vehicles came with this suspension package. If you're a salvage yard digger, look for an Escalade or, more likely, an upper-scale Yukon. Check the white sticker on the back of the glove box lid for the code "ZW7". If you need or want to get them new, maybe @swathdiver would have the GM part number in his database.

The springs will fit the Bilstein struts just fine. They're a stock coil.

OP
OP
A

A123

Reaction score
ZW7 is the RPO code for GM's "Smooth Ride" suspension. Many vehicles came with this suspension package. If you're a salvage yard digger, look for an Escalade or, more likely, an upper-scale Yukon. Check the white sticker on the back of the glove box lid for the code "ZW7". If you need or want to get them new, maybe @swathdiver would have the GM part number in his database.

The springs will fit the Bilstein struts just fine. They're a stock coil.

Whats my next best choice under ZW7 which will give me a smooth ride because those can be pricey..

OP
OP
A

A123

Reaction score
Will it be smooth if I just go with Bilstien 4600 and regular civilian Tahoe springs?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats my next best choice under ZW7 which will give me a smooth ride because those can be pricey..

I'd say the Z55 springs would be comparably close. It's a more common suspension setup found on Yukons and Tahoes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts