How Can I Soften Suspension on PPV Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A123

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2010 PPV (EX-Police) Chevy Tahoe and would like to soften the suspension because it has a very harsh and has a stiff ride.
I would like to make my ride quality like a 100% stock Tahoe and would like to know what needs to be replaced/changed to do so.

Please let me know if you know anything about it..

Thanks

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swap the struts, coils and shocks for those from a civilian Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban. Some say even those ride a bit firm, although not as firm as the PPV. This would raise your Tahoe about 1.5". If you want guaranteed softer ride and keep your lowered ride height, get Belltech Street Performance adjustable struts for the front and lowering coils and SP shocks for the rear.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires would also make a huge difference in both looks and ride quality.

OP
OP
A

A123

Reaction score
Swap the struts, coils and shocks for those from a civilian Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban. Some say even those ride a bit firm, although not as firm as the PPV. This would raise your Tahoe about 1.5". If you want guaranteed softer ride and keep your lowered ride height, get Belltech Street Performance adjustable struts for the front and lowering coils and SP shocks for the rear.

Do the Belltech ride better than stock? Where can I get them and what is the part #?
Also, do have a PPV and have done this?

Thanks

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the Belltech ride better than stock? Where can I get them and what is the part #?
Also, do have a PPV and have done this?

Thanks

I haven't personally ridden on the BT stuff, but everyone says they ride the same as a regular Tahoe or softer. It seems that most say they ride softer. I chose the BT struts and shocks for when I do my drop since I found my Tahoe to ride a little too firm for how I thought it should ride.

I do not have a PPV but as far as the suspension is concerned, it's the same as a LS Tahoe but with shorter and firmer springs and shocks.

If you install lowering springs in the rear (up to 3") you'll need part # 9506 (HERE)

If you install stock civilian Tahoe springs and just want the shocks/struts, you'll need part # 9534 (HERE)

Also, if you install stock civilian Tahoe springs, you may want what is considered to be the best of the best:

Bilstein 4600 struts, part # BSN-24-186926 (HERE)

Bilstein 4600 shocks, part # BSN-24-186933 (HERE)

OP
OP
A

A123

Reaction score
I haven't personally ridden on the BT stuff, but everyone says they ride the same as a regular Tahoe or softer. It seems that most say they ride softer. I chose the BT struts and shocks for when I do my drop since I found my Tahoe to ride a little too firm for how I thought it should ride.

I do not have a PPV but as far as the suspension is concerned, it's the same as a LS Tahoe but with shorter and firmer springs and shocks.

If you install lowering springs in the rear (up to 3") you'll need part # 9506 (HERE)

If you install stock civilian Tahoe springs and just want the shocks/struts, you'll need part # 9534 (HERE)

Also, if you install stock civilian Tahoe springs, you may want what is considered to be the best of the best:

Bilstein 4600 struts, part # BSN-24-186926 (HERE)

Bilstein 4600 shocks, part # BSN-24-186933 (HERE)

Thank You so much,
I wanted to know don't I need coils for front or rear?

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have belltech rear springs and they ride soft for sure. I put bags in to help with bottoming when holding any sort of weight and have the free travel mod done.

OP
OP
A

A123

Reaction score
I have belltech rear springs and they ride soft for sure. I put bags in to help with bottoming when holding any sort of weight and have the free travel mod done.

Do you have the stock or height drop springs? Did u buy the same ones as the link above?

Also, what is the "bags"?

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have belltech 5305 rear springs and lowering knuckles in front.

Helper bags that go inside the coil springs.

Here’s my wife’s Tahoe in question. Used to be lifted.
2AE7372B-9047-4FEE-B01A-E0E46F83ADD8.jpeg AC1F0403-16B6-45DF-B14A-C41EE156C923.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC