How Can I Soften Suspension on PPV Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will part# 19255625 fit with Bilstien 4600?

4600 is not the part number, it's Bilstein's series. Bilstein makes their 4600 series shocks for a multitude of vehicles. When searching for the Bilstein 4600 shock or strut that fits your Tahoe, use the part numbers I posted earlier.

The part number 19255625 shows to be a rear coil spring. The shock is separate from the coil in the rear. They do not "fit" together. You install them separately. That coil spring of part number 19255625 will fit your Tahoe, but I don't know if it's the Z55 or ZW7 spring or what it is.

The Bilstein struts, in the part numbers I listed earlier, are made to be a direct fit for these vehicles, including the springs that are in these vehicles.

OP
OP
A

A123

Reaction score
4600 is not the part number, it's Bilstein's series. Bilstein makes their 4600 series shocks for a multitude of vehicles. When searching for the Bilstein 4600 shock or strut that fits your Tahoe, use the part numbers I posted earlier.

The part number 19255625 shows to be a rear coil spring. The shock is separate from the coil in the rear. They do not "fit" together. You install them separately. That coil spring of part number 19255625 will fit your Tahoe, but I don't know if it's the Z55 or ZW7 spring or what it is.

The Bilstein struts, in the part numbers I listed earlier, are made to be a direct fit for these vehicles, including the springs that are in these vehicles.

Yea, I used the part# u had posted and found the right price ones. Part# 19255625 is ACDelco Professional Rear coils.

The front Bilstien shock u posted does not have a coil/spring on it. Do I need a coil/spring to make it Civil Tahoe ride quality?

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Just for the record...

The PPV uses stock height coil springs in the front... same as a civilian model.

The PPV has springs in the rear that are about 2" lower than a civilian model.

The rear shocks and front struts are what make the biggest difference in ride quality between the two models.

The PPVs run a shocks/struts with firmer dampening for a more performance oriented (read better handling) ride.

It's like the difference in the suspension of a '96 Impala SS versus a '96 Caprice Classic.

The Caprice rides like a big 'ol boat and the Impala SS was made to handle the corners due to the beefed up suspension and bigger sway bars.

Anyway... if you just want a softer/smoother ride (that doesn't handle as well) then just swap to the stock shocks and struts. Just have the parts store look up the parts for a non-PPV Tahoe.

OP
OP
A

A123

Reaction score
Just for the record...

The PPV uses stock height coil springs in the front... same as a civilian model.

The PPV has springs in the rear that are about 2" lower than a civilian model.

The rear shocks and front struts are what make the biggest difference in ride quality between the two models.

The PPVs run a shocks/struts with firmer dampening for a more performance oriented (read better handling) ride.

It's like the difference in the suspension of a '96 Impala SS versus a '96 Caprice Classic.

The Caprice rides like a big 'ol boat and the Impala SS was made to handle the corners due to the beefed up suspension and bigger sway bars.

Anyway... if you just want a softer/smoother ride (that doesn't handle as well) then just swap to the stock shocks and struts. Just have the parts store look up the parts for a non-PPV Tahoe.

Is there a lot of ride quality difference between Stock Civilian Tahoe ACDelco Shock and Bilstien 4600 Series with Stock height etc.?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The springs for the ZW7 suspension without the G65 self-leveling shocks are the 45H2164 / 19255624. These numbers come from AC Delco and the Rock Auto websites. My truck's application calls for the former ACDelco number and the actual number on my rear coils is 25783733. But note, I have an XL/Suburban if that makes a difference. Doesn't seem to in the other fitment charts. The folks posting reviews love them as replacements. The 45H2165 seems to be a direct replacement for those with Z55 with G69 or ZW7 with G65.

I seem to remember that we recently were talking to a guy on here with a Tahoe equipped with a basic ZW7 suspension like mine. If we can get his VIN and run it through ACDelco...

https://parts-catalog.acdelco.com/catalog/catalog_search.php

OP
OP
A

A123

Reaction score
Is there a lot of difference between Stock Civilian Tahoe ACDelco Shock and Bilstien 4600 Series with Stock height etc.?
The springs for the ZW7 suspension without the G65 self-leveling shocks are the 45H2164 / 19255624. These numbers come from AC Delco and the Rock Auto websites. My truck's application calls for the former ACDelco number and the actual number on my rear coils is 25783733. But note, I have an XL/Suburban if that makes a difference. Doesn't seem to in the other fitment charts. The folks posting reviews love them as replacements. The 45H2165 seems to be a direct replacement for those with Z55 with G69 or ZW7 with G65.

I seem to remember that we recently were talking to a guy on here with a Tahoe equipped with a basic ZW7 suspension like mine. If we can get his VIN and run it through ACDelco...

https://parts-catalog.acdelco.com/catalog/catalog_search.php

Is ur suburban 4WD? Does that make a difference?

What is the difference between 19255624 and 19255625 both I found on Rockauto?..

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Is there a lot of ride quality difference between Stock Civilian Tahoe ACDelco Shock and Bilstien 4600 Series with Stock height etc.?

No clue... never ran the Bilstein's... I have Rancho 9 way adjustable struts up front on my 4/6 dropped Burb because the Belltech struts were too soft for my liking.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is ur suburban 4WD? Does that make a difference?

What is the difference between 19255624 and 19255625 both I found on Rockauto?..

I believe that the 19255625 / 45H1265 are the springs for use with the Nivomat (ZW7/G65) and Z55/G69 air shocks.

Yes, my truck is a 4x4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645