How Can I Soften Suspension on PPV Tahoe

Discussion in 'Police Package/Specialty Service Discussion' started by A123, Jun 12, 2019 at 5:25 PM.

1. PPV-Monster

PPV-Monster TYF Newbie

Name:
    Fred
    I like those beefy tires, what size are they?

2. Ilikemtb999

Ilikemtb999 Full Access Member

Name:
    Joel
    265/70r17’s. Stock size for an ssv

3. A123

A123 TYF Newbie

Name:
    M
    Does changing rear springs to stock springs make a difference in ride? Which one are the best ones to buy?

Also, Which ones have the best ride: Belltech or Bilstien or ACDelco?

4. Ilikemtb999

Name:
    Joel
    I have no idea. It had custom lift springs when we bought it then I installed belltech springs. No way I’d have this thing at a Tahoe stock height. I like low things.

Dampers also make a large difference. I have bilstien 4600’s

5. A123

A123 TYF Newbie

Name:
    M
    Where can I get Belltech and Bilstien stock ride height springs? What is the part#?

Also, Where can I get Belltech and Bilstien police ride height springs with stock ride quality? What is the part#?

Does changing rear springs to stock springs make a difference in ride? Which one are the best ones to buy?

Also, Which Shocks/struts/springs have the best ride: Belltech or Bilstien or ACDelco?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 9:55 AM
  6. A123

A123 TYF Newbie

Name:
    M
    Yeah, I would not want to go less than 2" drop in the rears. But my main focus is to improve ride quality..

7. A123

A123 TYF Newbie

Name:
    M
    Can I use Belltech rear springs Part #5321 with Belltech Shocks Part #9534 or Belltech Shocks Part #9506?

What is part# for Bilstien rear springs 2010 Chevy Tahoe
    Thanks

8. Ilikemtb999

Name:
    Joel
    You’d have to call or email belltech or just use their website. I don’t think they do stock height things though. Never heard of bilstein springs. They do dampers.

9. iamdub

iamdub I feel ya, Mr. Cash. I feel ya.

Name:
    Chris
    The front and rear is already lowered with coils on a PPV- this is why it rides firmer. Well, that and the shock valving. You will need to change the coils to make it ride softer.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 11:12 AM
  10. iamdub

iamdub I feel ya, Mr. Cash. I feel ya.

Name:
    Chris
    Where can I get Belltech and Bilstien stock ride height springs? What is the part#?

I don't think Belltech makes stock height springs. Bilstein for sure does not.

Also, Where can I get Belltech and Bilstien police ride height springs with stock ride quality? What is the part#?

You already have stock "police ride height springs" which, obviously, have a stock ride quality. I thought you didn't like the stock PPV ride quality and this is why you started this thread. :confused:

What stock springs? You want to change your stock PPV springs for stock "regular" Tahoe springs? Different springs will always ride differently.

Also, Which Shocks/struts/springs have the best ride: Belltech or Bilstien or ACDelco?

Pretty much everything has been answered for you in post #6:

If you install lowering springs in the rear (up to 3") you'll need part # 9506 (HERE)

If you install stock civilian Tahoe springs and just want the shocks/struts, you'll need part # 9534 (HERE)

Also, if you install stock civilian Tahoe springs, you may want what is considered to be the best of the best:

Bilstein 4600 struts, part # BSN-24-186926 (HERE)

Bilstein 4600 shocks, part # BSN-24-186933 (HERE)

Ilikemtb999 likes this.