HELP ME!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Axm1096

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon denali AWD when i shift from park into drive and i accelerate the truck feel like the emergency brake is on but on reverse its fine everything was working fine when i got home 2hr later when i tried to leave its when it happened no code's please help

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rather try and fix it then get ripped off
If you can properly diagnose the issue and have the tools and ability to fix it, then I would say save some money and do it yourself. If not, in your effort to avoid getting "ripped off", you run the chance of just throwing parts at the vehicle hoping the next part will fix it, spend all the time doing this, and possibly cause more damage to the vehicle in the process, and compared to taking it to a mechanic, you might end up spending a lot more money and a lot more time.

I will never begrudge a mechanic from making a living working on my car. They have overhead in the building that they need to pay for and they, just like you, want to take a paycheck home at the end of the week. Are there some out there that don't operate on the up and up? Absolutely. However, I would say that the majority of the folks in that field want to do a good job for a fair price.

I do most of my own work so I can save some money, not so I don't get ripped off by a mechanic. In all my years, I can honestly say that I never felt ripped off or deceived by a mechanic that I selected to work on my vehicles. I do, however, spend some time to make sure that I can trust them. I may not have liked the amount at the bottom of the receipt, but that was more motivation for me to learn more stuff.

OP
OP
A

Axm1096

Reaction score
If you can properly diagnose the issue and have the tools and ability to fix it, then I would say save some money and do it yourself. If not, in your effort to avoid getting "ripped off", you run the chance of just throwing parts at the vehicle hoping the next part will fix it, spend all the time doing this, and possibly cause more damage to the vehicle in the process, and compared to taking it to a mechanic, you might end up spending a lot more money and a lot more time.

I will never begrudge a mechanic from making a living working on my car. They have overhead in the building that they need to pay for and they, just like you, want to take a paycheck home at the end of the week. Are there some out there that don't operate on the up and up? Absolutely. However, I would say that the majority of the folks in that field want to do a good job for a fair price.

I do most of my own work so I can save some money, not so I don't get ripped off by a mechanic. In all my years, I can honestly say that I never felt ripped off or deceived by a mechanic that I selected to work on my vehicles. I do, however, spend some time to make sure that I can trust them. I may not have liked the amount at the bottom of the receipt, but that was more motivation for me to learn more stuff.
I do have tools and some knowledge i hoped me posting on the forum that i would've goten some suggestions as i do like to work on all my vehicles to a certain extent i really thought i wouldve gotten a lil more help

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK - I'm off my soap box - Sorry.

Now lets try and solve your problem.

When you say it feels like the brakes are engaged, can you explain what you mean? Are you hearing any grinding or screeching noises?

Have you cycled your emergency brake?

Might pull your wheels and see if you have any signs of a caliper hanging up. Might pull your rear rotors to see what your emergency brake pads look like.

OP
OP
A

Axm1096

Reaction score
OK - I'm off my soap box - Sorry.

Now lets try and solve your problem.

When you say it feels like the brakes are engaged, can you explain what you mean? Are you hearing any grinding or screeching noises?

Have you cycled your emergency brake?

Might pull your wheels and see if you have any signs of a caliper hanging up. Might pull your rear rotors to see what your emergency brake pads look like.
ill wheels of when i get home there is no sort of noise when i change from park to drive if i give it gas it seems like squats and it fill like im pulling a heavy load i will start moving around 7k rpm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo