HELP ME!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Axm1096

Reaction score
Ok, I have worked on enough drum brakes to know a little something, sounds like your ebrake drum brake settup has come apart, Pull both rear rotors and inspect the ebrake setup inside the rotor. Ive seen a brake system come apart like this on a drum vehicle.
Would the truck not move on reverse because mine does it will not move while on drive

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try shifting into first gear and pulling out then stop and shift into 2nd and pull out and see if there is a difference.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would the truck not move on reverse because mine does it will not move while on drive
Drum brakes can fail in ways that restrict forward movement but not reverse movement. I think it's a good suggestion to pull the rear brake rotors to check it out. Could also be a stuck caliper, but I would expect that to drag in both forward and reverse.

The 505 - say hello to Garduños for me!

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1

Drum brakes can fail in ways that restrict forward movement but not reverse movement. I think it's a good suggestion to pull the rear brake rotors to check it out. Could also be a stuck caliper, but I would expect that to drag in both forward and reverse.

The 505 - say hello to Garduños for me!

Aeterna

Reaction score
I am not sure this is your problem but it is something to check. I have had an issue where either my caliper seized or my brake line degraded on the inside creating a suction holding the caliper shut. This happened to the front passenger wheel. I only noticed it when my vehicle violently jerked st hwy speeds. I busted out my laser thermometer and found the center of the wheel to be 600 degrees.

anyways, drive it a little and check temps to see if one wheel/rotor is significantly hotter than the other.

second thing to check, see if any caliper pins or bolts have slipped or something has broken on the caliper mounting. I have had this happen on an older mustang. Reverse worked fine but driver fought me, just happened to be the way the caliper rotated in relation to the direction the wheel spun.

OP
OP
A

Axm1096

Reaction score
I hope its its something simple like that what are the symptoms of a failing transmission or does it just give out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork