HELP front just started squicking BAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anton28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man i was driving through a parking lot today and went over a speed bump and my car sounded like a 1975 pinto going over that thing. The front suspension is making a really annoying squeaking sound when i go over bumps. I got home and checked everything out. Shocks seem ok, the steering rack and axles seems to be fine as well. The sound sounds like it might be coming from my lower a arm ball joint or a arm bushings but im not sure.

Also when I turn the wheel at a stand still i hear another squeaking nose.

I hate running down problems like this but before i start throuwing parts at it maybe someone here had a similar issue?!?!?

The truck has 80k on it and ive had it since it was new with 0 problems. This is my first one.
:emotions122:
Anyone have any input?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah I bet its your ball joint(s). Could be the lower or uppers, hard to diagnose which with your provided info.
If the noise is sudden you may want to get the issue checked quick because it can turn alot more serious.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Man i was driving through a parking lot today and went over a speed bump and my car sounded like a 1975 pinto going over that thing. The front suspension is making a really annoying squeaking sound when i go over bumps. I got home and checked everything out. Shocks seem ok, the steering rack and axles seems to be fine as well. The sound sounds like it might be coming from my lower a arm ball joint or a arm bushings but im not sure.

Also when I turn the wheel at a stand still i hear another squeaking nose.

I hate running down problems like this but before i start throuwing parts at it maybe someone here had a similar issue?!?!?

The truck has 80k on it and ive had it since it was new with 0 problems. This is my first one.
:emotions122:
Anyone have any input?

what front suspension set up are you using it to lower?

OP
OP
anton28

anton28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what front suspension set up are you using it to lower?

I'm running 3" drop spindles and i have 1/2 a coil cut from the factory spring.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Yeah I bet its your ball joint(s). Could be the lower or uppers, hard to diagnose which with your provided info.
If the noise is sudden you may want to get the issue checked quick because it can turn alot more serious.

Im leaning in that direction as well MODDED. Lets see if anyone else agrees.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a 3 inch spindle for a 07 up truck

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
He meant 2" with some coil cut.
Pretty sure he has McG spindles but that is not gonna cause bj's to suffer anymore than any other drop spindle to my knowledge and netiher will some coil being cut either.

OP
OP
anton28

anton28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a 3 inch spindle for a 07 up truck

Your right its been so long that i totally forgot. Between all of my mods to my other cars i cant keep my parts straight:hahano: Its is a 2" drop spindle with my front coils cut enough to give it a 3.5 drop and retain my good ride. Compared to a after market spring that i had in there which made the front of the truck run like shit.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

He meant 2" with some coil cut.
Pretty sure he has McG spindles but that is not gonna cause bj's to suffer anymore than any other drop spindle to my knowledge and netiher will some coil being cut either.

Thats what im thinking. There is a nasty dip on the way to my house that Ive hit coming down hill when i just moved to my new place at like 50mph and it would compress the shit out of my front suspension. Happened 3 or 4 times before i finally remember to go another way :emotions122:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts