HELP body lift problems!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i have a 2006 suburban and after researching on here and other forums i seen that most people are having good luck with using the 05 suburban body lift on the 2006 yr models so i purchased a zone 3" and everything fits perfectly as far as brackets and accessories.
BUT THE BODY BOLTS DO NOT the kit arrived with a smaller metric bolt equivalent to a 1/2" x 7" long bolt and i took a factory bolt down to a stor and they told me that the factory bolt was a equivalent to a 9/16-12 so i ordered them in 7" long (cost me an extra $80) and they still do not work they go in 1 maybe 2 full turns and its like they bottom out on something or the threads are jammed up....
the factory bolts have a tapered nipple looking end on them where the 9/16 is a big square blunt end could that be bottoming out on something and the bolts need to be ground down or do i just have the wrong bolts???

please any info or help would be great iv been without my truck for 3 days already just because of a dang body lift lol:Stupid Me:, i cross posted this in a few sections i hope that is okay
thanks
Blake

Duramax05blk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I belive there metric. M12x180mm came with my zone kit for my 03yd.
M12x1.50x180 lists it on zones website under PDF instructions.
Also try wiggling body puck around while pushing and twisting bolt in a threading motion with upwards pressure. I had a few that where hard to get started myself. The torque spec is62 or63 ft lbs
The supplied bolts fit and I replaced factory bushings with new poly bushing, can't see why they would not work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Excuse my grammar the iPhone makes me iStupid!

Last edited:

Duramax05blk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get the bolts in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Excuse my grammar the iPhone makes me iStupid!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trackman