Heater hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jamal7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I just replaced my heater hose connector tee and it’s still leaking . Can someone help with any suggestions to fix it

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. There are two tees in there. Is the other one leaking? What brand of tee did you use? Please say it is not a Dorman brand!

You have to be very careful when replacing these tees because you have a heater core poking thru there too.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

I believe that there are a pair of o'rings in the tee connector. It is possible that one of the o'rings did not seat properly when you connected it.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a Dorman tee fitting from NAPA and sill probably be fine...
The nipple that the heater hose clamps onto snapped off clean at the end of the hose on the old fitting.

NAPA was down the street and had one on the shelf for about $18. I was able to fix it in my barbershop's parking lot and was back on the road in less than 2 hours from when the hose started spraying coolant all over the road. On a late Friday afternoon, Dorman will do just fine for me...

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be the Tee or the nipple that is molded in and a part of the heater hose. They make a aftermarket part that replaces the whole molded in nipple. You just cut off the molded plastic portion of the hose right off. The plastic gets very brittle and can easily break by just moving the heater hoses while working on the tees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper