Plastic heater core coupling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatotherguy88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my 05 I noticed a hair line crack in one of the plastic heater core hose coupler thing. No big deal iv changed many of them at work. I'm wondering if there needed. I do not have dual ac or heat so there's no need for a tee or anything. Could I just put the hose directly on the core and install a clamp and clamp it down in theory doing away with the plastic coupler?

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my 05 I noticed a hair line crack in one of the plastic heater core hose coupler thing. No big deal iv changed many of them at work. I'm wondering if there needed. I do not have dual ac or heat so there's no need for a tee or anything. Could I just put the hose directly on the core and install a clamp and clamp it down in theory doing away with the plastic coupler?
Ive never owned a K chassis SUV without dual climate. Im wondering why a factory single zone would have Tees at the heater core. Cant imagine why they would be required. You can clamp the heater hoses on instead. Just make sure the clamp is positioned behind the rim on the heater hose nipple when clamped on the hose. Otherwise pressure will blow the hose off the nipple at the most inconvenient time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n