2003 suburban coolant hose connector question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last weekend, the connection piece that attaches the hose to the heater core broke. I picked up a new connecter but it was difficult to remove, and now the new one will not seem to attach to the heater core any suggestions from prior experience

here is the amazon link that shows a photo of the connector that I cant get to snap in. The hose goes in fine, its the other end I cant get to snap in..

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't have a rear heater with the Tee quick connects?

On my 99 Silverado when those quick connects broke I just removed them and slid the hose over the aluminum tube with a worm gear hose clamp. That was like in 2008 when I had just bought it. I don't know if it's the same as your truck.

On my 06 Suburban I couldn't do that when it broke because it's got tee quick connects.

Maybe try lubricating the o ring inside the quick connect.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, don't force it. Lube the o-ring, too. Sure you have the right size connector? Is it a GM connector/hose?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last weekend, the connection piece that attaches the hose to the heater core broke. I picked up a new connecter but it was difficult to remove, and now the new one will not seem to attach to the heater core any suggestions from prior experience

here is the amazon link that shows a photo of the connector that I cant get to snap in. The hose goes in fine, its the other end I cant get to snap in..

wrong connector, that's why it will not stay on.
you need these, I recomend replacing all 4
HOSES.JPG

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The connector that I bought matches the connector that broke exactly...
well unless for some strange reason you do not have rear heat or someone previously deleted it then the ones I pictured are the ones needed. the single out adapters are mainly used on the pickups and are a different size
might help to post up some photos of the passenger side engine bay

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The connector that I bought matches the connector that broke exactly...
also that part number does not match to a 2003 suburban, wrong part! (it is used mostly on OBS old body style)
the reason it won't stay on is because the heater core line is a smaller size, it's not much but it's enough that it will not stay on

Last edited:

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are the ones I bought for my 06. That tool is to remove the quick connects.

Did any of the GMT800 SUVs NOT have rear heaters? Maybe like some government-spec or forestry models? Or Mexican market models?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231025-171509.png
    Screenshot_20231025-171509.png
    246.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
OP
OP
Jocko PDX

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also that part number does not match to a 2003 suburban, wrong part! (it is used mostly on OBS old body style)
the reason it won't stay on is because the heater core line is a smaller size, it's not much but it's enough that it will not stay on
the part I sent a lik for was just for photo refence as I do not have the part with me to send a photo of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar