HEADS UP!! Black plastic door trim falls off!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 4 of the 6 total (2 out of 3 on each side) that the dealer has ordered for replacement. My dealer said this is a common problem. Hopefully they are doing more than what was done at the factory so that it won't happen in a few months again.

kcb14214

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to have them order my drivers side yesterday...

Belgian Malinois

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry to be late to this discussion, but got a previously owned Tahoe LTZ with this problem. It's 3000 miles out of warranty so dealer won't fix it unless I pay$$$$. I'd like to replace or repair myself but nowhere can I find the gm part numbers online. Does anyone happen to have these part numbers? I'd really appreciate it!

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be late to this discussion, but got a previously owned Tahoe LTZ with this problem. It's 3000 miles out of warranty so dealer won't fix it unless I pay$$$$. I'd like to replace or repair myself but nowhere can I find the gm part numbers online. Does anyone happen to have these part numbers? I'd really appreciate it!

I believe it's piece 3 pictured below:
image.png

maxima1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is driving me CRAZY! I took it in to be repaired. This is AFTER the repair!

IMG_4124.JPG

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to find this thread, emailing my service advisor this and the other thread and demanding (nicely) replacements. Got a cool dealer and now I have these as ammo for warranty replacement. Love this forum.

LGSONE

Ricguerra

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm going by the dealer that replaced all my piller trim pieces less than a year ago and the front driver side door is flapping in the wind again. Does anyone know how to remove the trim?

AngelaG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Short Fix

I just drove from St. Louis, Missouri to Destin Florida going about 75-80 most of the way there. I heard this flapping sound coming from what I thought was the driver side seatbelt fasten on the wall. Never thought about it being something on the outside. Tonight when my sister got out of the backseat and closed the door heard a sound and looked and see 1 of the black plastic trim piece is not clipped on the top and doesn't line up the same anymore. I'm on vacation for 1 week and then are driving back to Missouri. It's about a 12 hour drive and don't want the piece to totally fall off when driving. Does anyone have a temporary fix to get me back home. Not sure if electric tap that's black would work. Still mad at GM for this poor quality. $74,000 for a Yukon XL Denali and plastic trim falls off after 27,000 miles on the car.
Just had same issue stopped at truck stop bought gorilla glue (super glue) sets in 10 seconds, 30 minutes down the road and it seems to be holding.

hollywood126

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know I've heard at least one person reference this, however, a couple of nights ago the wife complained about a "new noise" in the LF door/seatbelt area. I drove it - nothing.

She then filmed the noise the next day. Come to find out - it only happens at highway speeds - 70 mph +. Just from the noise on her phone I knew it was some sort of loose part/"flapping in the wind" noise.

All 3 of the left side black plastic trim pieces on the front and rear doors were loose at the top and middle. They used these $.10 Chinese clips fastened to the plastic and then the clip presses into the door. The clip is staying in the door but separating from the trim. I just popped it all apart and siliconed all of them on and they are good to go.

Everyone check yours. Mine is babied - garaged, cleaned every 10 minutes, blah, blah. If mine fell off then any of them can.

My two drivers side flew off and the rest of them are loose and about to fly off. But i am out of Warranty and Gm is trying to shove it up rear and wants me to pay for them all....Yeah right! They are junk, defective and yet they do not care. They will not stand behind them, instead shove up the the consumers ass. I have a ongoing case with GM and they still tell me they will not help with them. I am never buying a GM again and this one is going down the road very soon but not before i contact the Attorney General with this issue as i am not the only one i know with the same problem. Gm would rather lose a longtime customer over fixing there F-up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645