Gruven heater core T-connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you really want to go crazy about clamps they make a worm drive clamp that incorporates a spring to mimic the effectiveness of the factory style spring clamps. This would reinforce what is well known- spring clamps do a better job by providing a constant force under both extreme heat and cold conditions.upload_2019-8-16_14-42-17.png

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spring clamps, worm clamps, those are old school. You want a clamp, you need these:

Gates PowerGrip Hose Clamps.jpg

Think about how tight an area you can get those! Of course, you need room for the heat gun.

But seriously, they have worked well for three years now on my Tahoe. No leaks, no fuss. Look nice as well.

The downside, they are NOT reusable.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Twist ties FTW. Hundreds of them for free on aisle 3 at Walmart. Just be considerate and twist the bag and tuck the end under the bread after you nab the tie off of it.

1d535f5b2f6d4cd30e2801a0399079f6.thumb.png

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spring clamps, worm clamps, those are old school. You want a clamp, you need these:

View attachment 228830

Think about how tight an area you can get those! Of course, you need room for the heat gun.

But seriously, they have worked well for three years now on my Tahoe. No leaks, no fuss. Look nice as well.

The downside, they are NOT reusable.
I used those on a Harley Davidson V-Rod’s coolant hose but only because looks mattered since it was right in plain sight but I’d never use one unless I had to. It was a PIA. Maybe they’ve gotten easier though. You know what they say though- pics or it didn’t happen!

Reaction score
If you really want to go crazy about clamps they make a worm drive clamp that incorporates a spring to mimic the effectiveness of the factory style spring clamps. This would reinforce what is well known- spring clamps do a better job by providing a constant force under both extreme heat and cold conditions.View attachment 228828
I've always called those T-bolt clamps. I use those on my Vortech blower output on my 5.0 mustang. Hold well under boost.

Also, I agree about factory spring clamps being reusable. I still use the 24 year old factory spring clamps that came on my '95s radiator and heater hoses..... Lol

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always called those T-bolt clamps. I use those on my Vortech blower output on my 5.0 mustang. Hold well under boost.

Also, I agree about factory spring clamps being reusable. I still use the 24 year old factory spring clamps that came on my '95s radiator and heater hoses..... Lol

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18
They make the regular T-bolt clamps but that’s a T-bolt with a spring added. It’s made specifically for silicone hose.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
If you really want to go crazy about clamps they make a worm drive clamp that incorporates a spring to mimic the effectiveness of the factory style spring clamps. This would reinforce what is well known- spring clamps do a better job by providing a constant force under both extreme heat and cold conditions.View attachment 228828
I would entertain those as a possible idea. But I still prefer traditional spring clamps.

The only info I've been able to find on the "one time use" claim was a post on BITOG from 2013. I've visited their site and was unable to locate that info. I have never read a mention in a service or technical manual that the things need to be replaced. It's been my experience that unless you damage it by exceeding the yield point of the spring steel they use (which by the way is rather difficult to do) they work well beyond the life of the vehicle.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would entertain those as a possible idea. But I still prefer traditional spring clamps.

The only info I've been able to find on the "one time use" claim was a post on BITOG from 2013. I've visited their site and was unable to locate that info. I have never read a mention in a service or technical manual that the things need to be replaced. It's been my experience that unless you damage it by exceeding the yield point of the spring steel they use (which by the way is rather difficult to do) they work well beyond the life of the vehicle.
Exactly, and in fact most of the ones used for the last 20 years or so have a built-in limiter tab that stops you from opening them too far so you CANT damage them.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly, and in fact most of the ones used for the last 20 years or so have a built-in limiter tab that stops you from opening them too far so you CANT damage them.

I have never heard you can’t reuse spring clamps, just that if you take a hose off that had a spring clamp holding to not use that hose/clamp combo. I’ve done it and not had an issue but typically I’m taking a hose off because it needs replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz