Growing up doesn't have to suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:confused:
Hopefully when @iamdub had that epiphany in the shower, he punched the curtain first before getting in. I've hear there's alot of cray crays out there in your neck of the woods :killer:

There absolutely is an over-abundance of the crazies out here. I'm a little off-kilter, myself, but the difference is they're suicidal and I'm not. Where I live, not many can hear their screams and those that can would look the other way while I dispose of the body.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updating/condensing-

Drop/suspension refresh complete. In the front are new upper and lower control arms with bushings and ball joints, new shorter sway bar end links, McGaughy spindles and Belltech SP struts. In the rear are stock coils of unknown origin (although I now have an idea- will update if I can confirm), Belltech SP shocks, DJM lower arm relocators, DJM offset sway bar endlinks, and Spohn panhard. Results are a 3.25" front, 4" rear drop. Resistors on all four corners to delete AutoRide.

Stock:
IMG_4887.JPG

1.5"/2.5" drop:
IMG_4917.JPG

3.25"/4" drop:
IMG_4935.JPG

RST 22s:
IMG_4937.JPG

The RST wheels were a bit of an impulse due to the price. They're not my first choice, but they were (mostly) black, had decent tires, TPMS sensors, lug nuts and they were a few miles from my house. Living where I do, nobody would have an RST, much less a modded one. So I considered it fate. Plus there's a little coolness factor having wheels from a factory performance model. They'll do for now.

I'm beat. The alignment feels plenty fine enough to get it to a shop for a proper alignment so I'm gonna tap out.

Future plans are to lengthen new stock rear lower control arms to center the axle and build or buy adjustable rear upper control arms to complement the extended lowers and dial in the pinion angle. I also want to install AirLift bags in the coils and connect them to the Auto Level Control compressor. Maybe after the first of next year...

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Updating/condensing-

Drop/suspension refresh complete. In the front are new upper and lower control arms with bushings and ball joints, new shorter sway bar end links, McGaughy spindles and Belltech SP struts. In the rear are stock coils of unknown origin (although I now have an idea- will update if I can confirm), Belltech SP shocks, DJM lower arm relocators, DJM offset sway bar endlinks, and Spohn panhard. Results are a 3.25" front, 4" rear drop. Resistors on all four corners to delete AutoRide.

Stock:
View attachment 235367

1.5"/2.5" drop:
View attachment 235368

3.25"/4" drop:
View attachment 235370

RST 22s:
View attachment 235369

The RST wheels were a bit of an impulse due to the price. They're not my first choice, but they were (mostly) black, had decent tires, TPMS sensors, lug nuts and they were a few miles from my house. Living where I do, nobody would have an RST, much less a modded one. So I considered it fate. Plus there's a little coolness factor having wheels from a factory performance model. They'll do for now.

I'm beat. The alignment feels plenty fine enough to get it to a shop for a proper alignment so I'm gonna tap out.

Future plans are to lengthen new stock rear lower control arms to center the axle and build or buy adjustable rear upper control arms to complement the extended lowers and dial in the pinion angle. I also want to install AirLift bags in the coils and connect them to the Auto Level Control compressor. Maybe after the first of next year...
Looks great!! I want those declads!