Growing up doesn't have to suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
certain things you just have to double-check.. and sometimes you forget to..
I'm betting you put the cap on after taking the core out, so dust wouldn't get in..

If you do it again, THEN you have dementia..

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I have no idea how I came up with that number. Maybe RA? I just checked RA and they list Denso 2344668 as the upstream sensor. They don't list any "GM Genuine" upstream sensors. I have no use for the downstream sensors other than to keep the holes plugged.

Also, RA lists a "GM Genuine 2133866" for the downstream sensor. That's a Denso part number that coincides with what you just posted. Maybe this is how the suspicion that Denso is the OEM for ACDelco/GM Genuine? I'm wondering, with my luck, if I just so happened to rely on RA's info and it was incorrect.

O'Reilly says 213-3866 and 213-4229 are both for downstream for a 2008 Tahoe VIN 0. It says the 234-4668 is the upstream.

Napa guarantees 234-4668, 213-4229, 213-3866 to fit, but doesn't specify position.

The ACDelco Parts Catalog (the one I found) shows 213-3866 and 213-4229 both as downstream.

Screw all this. I'm gonna get Dorman sensors. :p
We run the same 2 part numbers in our three trucks, you can trust my description. The connectors are different anyways, if wrong, just switch positions.

Reaction score
The core? It's just as I took it out and it went in just as it is in that pic. It has the clear plastic tapered gasket on the body, if that's what you're talking about.
A bit pricey when you add shipping, but no core removal needed. It depresses it when screwed on

Fuel Rail Pressure Gauge Adapter for GM/Chrysler Schrader Valve Service Port https://a.co/d/917BVvZ

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get the ABS wire problem settled? I was going to write a reply and forgot with all the other topics we had going at the time.

I stretched one out once but didn't break it. When the bed was removed from one of our pickups for painting one was stretched out and broke internally.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I compared them side by side (pictures on Rock Auto) and they look very different. Then there was a rash of guys with alcohol content problems over the course of a few days on this forum, GM-Trucks and Silverado/Sierra and the common denominator was the aftermarket O2 sensors. Once they changed them to GM OE, the problem went away. Coincidence?
For what it's worth, I bought the oem gm sensors and they have denso etched on the sensor itself. But, I too, am hanging at 21.6% alcohol, even after filling over half a tank with 100% gas. All previous fill ups have been e10 for years. I think I put e85 in it a few times in 2012-2013 but not since then

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bit pricey when you add shipping, but no core removal needed. It depresses it when screwed on

Fuel Rail Pressure Gauge Adapter for GM/Chrysler Schrader Valve Service Port https://a.co/d/917BVvZ

I've looked at that and another version a few times ever since @swathdiver mentioned that exact one a good while back. I almost pull the trigger then tell myself that this will be the last time I deal with this since I'm going back to regular E10 93 until I get a physical sensor. Then I don't do either.

Honestly, I'm kinda fed up with the whole thing. I think it's stupid that it takes miles and miles and days of driving for it to finally read half-assed close, assuming all pertinent components and systems are operating properly. Then, apparently, it needs to be reset ever so often to "unstick" it from reading certain ways. It's a whole lot of to-do for a return that you might not get, in full or in part, and you will only know after you've put the fuel in your tank and have waited. Comparing E0-E10 93 with E85 at the track is impossible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65