Got these fancy headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

Onenicedenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
there's a fuse in the under hood fuse box that has power with the key on and off. you will have to find the other wire from the led bar and wire it to that.

without a wiring diagram, you're going to have to take it apart and figure it out.. then run a fuse tap off that fuse to those wires.
That makes sense. So, after I do that I would just pull the DRL fuses? So the headlights don’t go on?

Reaction score

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same headlights, but smoked. I noticed a couple months ago that the thin, clear coating on the outside of the lens, is starting to flake near the top edge. I installed them in March of 2020. The clear on my black GMC grill emblem is doing the same, and also the top of the aftermarket rear spoiler with the full length smoked HMSL. They were all installed around the same time.

Anyway, these headlights have two plug connectors. One for the parking and turn signal, and one for the high/low headlights. The LED bar is spliced into the harness with the parking lights

View attachment 405625

View attachment 405626
Most aftermarket headlight housings will peel after about two years or so. Especially black housings. I’ve had several sets on my GMT800 do it, including the anzo u bar so pad like $350 for…. Ridiculous at that price point to not have better clear. The good news is that it’s pretty easily fixable. I detail professionally and restored my anzos last month jsut like any other set I would do in a client vehicle. Give them a couple rounds of wet sand using 1500 grit, then 2500 grit, sand paper, and then use an orbital polisher with w good gritty polish compound and they will shine right up. If you don’t have a polish machine on hand, 3M makes a kit that’s sold at Carquest and I’m sure all the big name brand parts stores, that has each of the sand paper types you’ll need as well as the little backing plate that goes into the chuck of any battery operated impact drill. It also includes little three inch diameter orange pads that will do the polish step. It’s pretty inexpensive. I actually use the 3M kit for small or odd shaped headlight housings where my bigger polish pads and the orbital won’t do a good job. You’ll want to make sure you follow behind the polish step with a good ceramic product to keep them sealed up against the elements.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't think LED bulbs worked well in projector housings?

I use LEDs in my fogs, but just normal Sylvania Silverstars for the headlights.

View attachment 405652

when I was looking around it seemed the more expensive and name brand the led bulb is, the better job they did and placing the chips where's the bulb would put light out.

some are like 200$ a pair thou.

edit but if you can retrofit a true led projector will be better. that's what I ended up doing with my car. I didn't like any of the aftermarket housings, and they made a drop in kit with 2 really good led projectors. so before I just had one low beam and one high. after I had a low/high in the low side and a nice beam focused in the high. pricey but worked very well. just had to open the housing to install it. the yukon I liked the expensive drop in housings that looked newer, so I just bought them.

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most aftermarket headlight housings will peel after about two years or so. Especially black housings. I’ve had several sets on my GMT800 do it, including the anzo u bar so pad like $350 for…. Ridiculous at that price point to not have better clear. The good news is that it’s pretty easily fixable. I detail professionally and restored my anzos last month jsut like any other set I would do in a client vehicle. Give them a couple rounds of wet sand using 1500 grit, then 2500 grit, sand paper, and then use an orbital polisher with w good gritty polish compound and they will shine right up. If you don’t have a polish machine on hand, 3M makes a kit that’s sold at Carquest and I’m sure all the big name brand parts stores, that has each of the sand paper types you’ll need as well as the little backing plate that goes into the chuck of any battery operated impact drill. It also includes little three inch diameter orange pads that will do the polish step. It’s pretty inexpensive. I actually use the 3M kit for small or odd shaped headlight housings where my bigger polish pads and the orbital won’t do a good job. You’ll want to make sure you follow behind the polish step with a good ceramic product to keep them sealed up against the elements.

I think mine have a 5 year warranty. I've used the this brand before for hid kit and a ballast went out before the warranty, they shipped a new one right out.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I ran those in our 08 Denali, during the day I just flipped on the parking lamps to run the LED daytime light bars.

HID bulbs work well in them but running LED bulbs in that projector makes you a major pariah to all oncoming traffic. I’ve got teens driving smaller pickups that get spot lit like deer in the LED that works well for your truck. The pics show 8k light bleeding all over the road without any pattern or cut off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10