Got a Navigation unit free, is it compatible

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramchol76

Reaction score
Hi

My 2011 Tahoe PPV has a very basic stereo, I wanted to add backup camera and got below linked Navigation stereo from 2007 Yukon Denali almost free.

similar to this :https://www.amazon.com/Factory-Radio-638-02498-NOA-Remanufactured-Navigation/dp/B0763WXFB1

Will this be compatible with my 2011 Tahoe to add backup camera? Does it require VIN programming by dealership / any alternative?

or I just ignore this and go for after market Android one...

thanks

abc.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you can get it (successfully) unlocked for your VIN for free or cheap, my opinion is to just go aftermarket. Otherwise, with what you'd have invested getting everything to work, you'd be almost at the cost of an aftermarket one and would still have less features, Bluetooth streaming included. Also, there are a few different styles of that factory head unit. If you really want a factory one, you DON'T want the one that controls the rear seat DVD player. You should also aim for the one that has the built-in hard drive.

OP
OP
R

ramchol76

Reaction score
Unless you can get it (successfully) unlocked for your VIN for free or cheap, my opinion is to just go aftermarket. Otherwise, with what you'd have invested getting everything to work, you'd be almost at the cost of an aftermarket one and would still have less features, Bluetooth streaming included. Also, there are a few different styles of that factory head unit. If you really want a factory one, you DON'T want the one that controls the rear seat DVD player. You should also aim for the one that has the built-in hard drive.

Thanks!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi

My 2011 Tahoe PPV has a very basic stereo, I wanted to add backup camera and got below linked Navigation stereo from 2007 Yukon Denali almost free.

similar to this :https://www.amazon.com/Factory-Radio-638-02498-NOA-Remanufactured-Navigation/dp/B0763WXFB1

Will this be compatible with my 2011 Tahoe to add backup camera? Does it require VIN programming by dealership / any alternative?

or I just ignore this and go for after market Android one...

thanks

View attachment 257527

That should work for yours but you need access to a Tech-2 to get the VIN programmed to your truck. YouTube is your friend to see what else might be needed, if anything, to make it work.

camaroz2887

Reaction score
To get it fully functional may cost more than u want. You’ll need the factory gps antenna at the least but I believe these headunits are meant to interface with the Bose amp too. Dunno if that’ll matter. I also don’t think wireless phone calls can be made without Onstar.

Aftermarket units will come with the antenna but you’ll need adapters too which can be very simple or more complex like the maestro units.

All I ever installed before this truck was single din units. My truck had this unit from the factory and my head was spinning when I saw the amount of Connections and how much is tied into the radio.

Hmm that’s all I can remember. On a side note there are people looking for functional units like this for replacement and are normally worth more than a few $$$ to the right person. Might be worth selling for an aftermarket piece.

hope I was of some help, good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy