Dynavin N7-GM2007 PRO Review ****1/4 stars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2007 Tahoe came with BOSE, NAV, backup camera and XM/Sirius.

This is my review of the Dynavin N7-GM2007 PRO

You can get it here:

I bought mine here: https://www.adcmobile.com/?make=168...id=169535&post_type=product&action=vpf-search The bonus for buying one from ADC Mobile, is you get free splash screens.

Price was the same. However if you buy it directly from Dynavin, you can get the required plugs directly from them when you order it, ADC did not have them so I had to buy my extra adapters for the Backup camera and rear entertainment system

NOTE: IF you have the rear entertainment system, you NEED the rear adapter cable, otherwise the rear speakers will NOT work.

IF you do not have the factory USB plug, I would suggest getting https://dynavinnorthamerica.com/pro...~mk_chevrolet~lz_tahoe&variant=40776606679190 and installing it in your center console.

Some things to keep in mind 1) I have an iPhone 13

Things I like:
1) It Added 2 USB ports, one is for your phone, the other is for a USB Drive.
a) The USB for the iPhone does not seem to read a USB drive, and the USB port does not read my iPhone. Not a big deal,
b) I put the USB drive in my center console used a cord like this: https://dynavinnorthamerica.com/pro...~mk_chevrolet~lz_tahoe&variant=40776606679190
c) I installed a Factory USB drive in the Left Cigarette lighter port from a 2013 Silverado, I believe this is the one https://www.ebay.com/itm/1314456619...422996&hash=item1e9ac5a0d7:g:JekAAOSwYHNh5w3W , You will also need a USB A (male) to USB Mini B (male) cord, I recommend the shortest one you can find.
2) added a Bluetooth connection
3) Added a Micro SD port (not used)
4) Retained AM/FM and XM. ( I notieced a lot of the cheap e-bay units did not keep XM or AM) I listen to AM radio on occasion, so this was a must. I do not have an XM account, but I wanted to keep the functionality.
5) Kept the factory chimes.
6) Added guide lines and the signal to show the direction my wheels are going when in reverse. My original Nav radio did not have this.
7) Once I got poking around the unit is pretty self explanitory and reasonably intuitive. Things make sense for the most part.
8) I was able to add a custom splash screen using a .jpg file, one that I made (I modified one from ADC Mobile).
9) You can adjust the volume of the chimes, the triple ding when you lock the door (more on that one later) the click sound of your blinker (More on that later), the key in the ignition chime, seat belts chime, the chime for the reverse sensors etc. You can only adjust ALL of them at one time, not individually.
10) When starting the Car the radio does not blink off and back on, it just continues to work.
11) It has an internal 15GB Hard drive you can put music and I assume videos, you also store your splash screens there.
12) You can upload music and images from either the Micro SD card slot or the USB port to the Hard drive.
13) There are controls for "Loudness" Bass - Mid - Trebble, and a full EQ, so you can tune your music to how you like
14) There is an external out for an aftermarket Subwoofer AMP and for the switched power for the amp.
15) Apple Car Play works great, unfortunately it is not Bluetooth, it only works thru the phone USB.

Things I have not done yet:
I have not played a CD, or a DVD, I have not checked to see if it will play videos on the rear screen, or if it takes Blu Ray or just regular DVDs, I might check to see if I can put MP3s on a CD and play them.

The quirky things:
1) The Boot time will take about 20-25 seconds to boot. I believe this works a lot like the OE unit when I would get into my car I could hear the NAV CD booting and reading, this works the same way. The saving grace is if you use a remote to unlock your doors, or open the hatch the boot time is greatly reduced, sometimes there is no boot time at all. More or less, I now use my key-fob to unlock the doors even when it is in my garage before I get in.
2) Related to the booting issue, IF you get in and put it in reverse too quickly SOMETIMES it will only show the backup camera, and not the guide lines until the unit is completely booted.
3) My blinkers are no longer in timing with the click sound, If you are OCD, this might annoy you, (Quirky, not a big problem). The light blinks as normal.
4) If you have delayed locks, you should get a triple chime when you push the lock button. IF you are slow to lock the door when getting out, the chime will not work. But if you open the door and push the lock button quickly it will work. (Quirky, not a big problem)
5) Once the radio is on, when you first push the NAV button, it takes about 10 seconds the FIRST time to get into the nav screen, after that it has no issues. Problem is, every time you turn off and start the car, it takes another 10 seconds to reboot.
6) My first drive, I had the NAV system tell me that I was "OVER THE SPEED LIMIT" It was rather loud, this is turned off in the NAV section options, and you can adjust the volume of the NAV.
7) Connecting the USB-iPhone sometimes takes about 15-20 seconds to connect to Car Play.

Things which I really do not like:
1) I personally wear polarized sunglasses and unlike the factory screen where I could see it fine with my sunglasses, the LCD screen of this unit is somewhat difficult to see with them on. They should have used a screen that polarizes 90° to what it does.

Conclusion:
For $700, close to $800 after taxes and all of the additional wires you will require, I would still buy this again. It is great having some of the features found on newer cars. I find the sound to be great, I would say it is as good as, if not slightly better than the factory radio.

Attachments

• IMG_9702.jpg
    IMG_9702.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9703.jpg
    IMG_9703.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9704.jpg
    IMG_9704.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9705.jpg
    IMG_9705.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9706.jpg
    IMG_9706.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 30

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2007 Tahoe came with BOSE, NAV, backup camera and XM/Sirius.

This is my review of the Dynavin N7-GM2007 PRO

You can get it here:

I bought mine here: https://www.adcmobile.com/?make=168...id=169535&post_type=product&action=vpf-search The bonus for buying one from ADC Mobile, is you get free splash screens.

Price was the same. However if you buy it directly from Dynavin, you can get the required plugs directly from them when you order it, ADC did not have them so I had to buy my extra adapters for the Backup camera and rear entertainment system

NOTE: IF you have the rear entertainment system, you NEED the rear adapter cable, otherwise the rear speakers will NOT work.

IF you do not have the factory USB plug, I would suggest getting https://dynavinnorthamerica.com/pro...~mk_chevrolet~lz_tahoe&variant=40776606679190 and installing it in your center console.

Some things to keep in mind 1) I have an iPhone 13

Things I like:
1) It Added 2 USB ports, one is for your phone, the other is for a USB Drive.
a) The USB for the iPhone does not seem to read a USB drive, and the USB port does not read my iPhone. Not a big deal,
b) I put the USB drive in my center console used a cord like this: https://dynavinnorthamerica.com/pro...~mk_chevrolet~lz_tahoe&variant=40776606679190
c) I installed a Factory USB drive in the Left Cigarette lighter port from a 2013 Silverado, I believe this is the one https://www.ebay.com/itm/131445661911?fits=Year:2013|Make:Chevrolet&epid=2292422996&hash=item1e9ac5a0d7:g:JekAAOSwYHNh5w3W , You will also need a USB A (male) to USB Mini B (male) cord, I recommend the shortest one you can find.
2) added a Bluetooth connection
3) Added a Micro SD port (not used)
4) Retained AM/FM and XM. ( I notieced a lot of the cheap e-bay units did not keep XM or AM) I listen to AM radio on occasion, so this was a must. I do not have an XM account, but I wanted to keep the functionality.
5) Kept the factory chimes.
6) Added guide lines and the signal to show the direction my wheels are going when in reverse. My original Nav radio did not have this.
7) Once I got poking around the unit is pretty self explanitory and reasonably intuitive. Things make sense for the most part.
8) I was able to add a custom splash screen using a .jpg file, one that I made (I modified one from ADC Mobile).
9) You can adjust the volume of the chimes, the triple ding when you lock the door (more on that one later) the click sound of your blinker (More on that later), the key in the ignition chime, seat belts chime, the chime for the reverse sensors etc. You can only adjust ALL of them at one time, not individually.
10) When starting the Car the radio does not blink off and back on, it just continues to work.
11) It has an internal 15GB Hard drive you can put music and I assume videos, you also store your splash screens there.
12) You can upload music and images from either the Micro SD card slot or the USB port to the Hard drive.
13) There are controls for "Loudness" Bass - Mid - Trebble, and a full EQ, so you can tune your music to how you like
14) There is an external out for an aftermarket Subwoofer AMP and for the switched power for the amp.
15) Apple Car Play works great, unfortunately it is not Bluetooth, it only works thru the phone USB.

Things I have not done yet:
I have not played a CD, or a DVD, I have not checked to see if it will play videos on the rear screen, or if it takes Blu Ray or just regular DVDs, I might check to see if I can put MP3s on a CD and play them.

The quirky things:
1) The Boot time will take about 20-25 seconds to boot. I believe this works a lot like the OE unit when I would get into my car I could hear the NAV CD booting and reading, this works the same way. The saving grace is if you use a remote to unlock your doors, or open the hatch the boot time is greatly reduced, sometimes there is no boot time at all. More or less, I now use my key-fob to unlock the doors even when it is in my garage before I get in.
2) Related to the booting issue, IF you get in and put it in reverse too quickly SOMETIMES it will only show the backup camera, and not the guide lines until the unit is completely booted.
3) My blinkers are no longer in timing with the click sound, If you are OCD, this might annoy you, (Quirky, not a big problem). The light blinks as normal.
4) If you have delayed locks, you should get a triple chime when you push the lock button. IF you are slow to lock the door when getting out, the chime will not work. But if you open the door and push the lock button quickly it will work. (Quirky, not a big problem)
5) Once the radio is on, when you first push the NAV button, it takes about 10 seconds the FIRST time to get into the nav screen, after that it has no issues. Problem is, every time you turn off and start the car, it takes another 10 seconds to reboot.
6) My first drive, I had the NAV system tell me that I was "OVER THE SPEED LIMIT" It was rather loud, this is turned off in the NAV section options, and you can adjust the volume of the NAV.
7) Connecting the USB-iPhone sometimes takes about 15-20 seconds to connect to Car Play.

Things which I really do not like:
1) I personally wear polarized sunglasses and unlike the factory screen where I could see it fine with my sunglasses, the LCD screen of this unit is somewhat difficult to see with them on. They should have used a screen that polarizes 90° to what it does.

Conclusion:
For $700, close to $800 after taxes and all of the additional wires you will require, I would still buy this again. It is great having some of the features found on newer cars. I find the sound to be great, I would say it is as good as, if not slightly better than the factory radio.
Fabulous write up, thank you!

Trixxterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have actually been looking at getting this for my 07 silverado. Thanks for the heads-up about the rear speakers and the rear entertainment.. the previous review I read didn't mention this. And also now I know why my rear speakers quit working after changing from stock to pioneer radio..

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice write up. Can you watch videos or activate the rear cam while in drive? Also what made you go with this over a more common unit in the same price range?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep