GMT900 Bose Premium Amp to Luxury Amp Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I’m looking to buy a 2012-14 Tahoe. I’m seeing one listed with a Bose Centerpoint 10-speaker. Is this the Luxury Bose? What do I look for to know that I have the Lux or the better Bose setup?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes... center speaker in the dash is the obvious give away that it is the LUX Bose amp.

Also you can look for RPO code Y91 in the glove box.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I apologize for necroing a 7 month dead thread, but I'm coming from a bit further out on my setup.

I have a base model around system, I'm going aftermarket for the head unit, but I like the idea of having an oem well packaged solution that retains all the factory crap.

Anyways, is there any programming necessary to get the amp to turn on, aside from the head unit? I'm assuming nothing with with bcm since the premium amp doesn't have a gmlan connection. I havent hooked it up to any inputs or anything yet, but I assumed that when connected to power and Lan I'd get some sound from the door chime to confirm its powering on.

The amp works fine in its donor denali if I plug it back in there, so I'm sure the amp is good

kbuskill

Reaction score
I apologize for necroing a 7 month dead thread, but I'm coming from a bit further out on my setup.

I have a base model around system, I'm going aftermarket for the head unit, but I like the idea of having an oem well packaged solution that retains all the factory crap.

Anyways, is there any programming necessary to get the amp to turn on, aside from the head unit? I'm assuming nothing with with bcm since the premium amp doesn't have a gmlan connection. I havent hooked it up to any inputs or anything yet, but I assumed that when connected to power and Lan I'd get some sound from the door chime to confirm its powering on.

The amp works fine in its donor denali if I plug it back in there, so I'm sure the amp is good

So to clarify, you have a non-Bose truck, correct?

And you are trying to install the (standard) premium Bose amp or the Luxury amp?

I assume the Luxury amp since you mentioned it coming from a Denali, but wanted to verify.

I know on the standard Bose amp the door chimes and turn signal sounds are built into the factory head unit.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
"luxury" amp from an 08 denali. That's part of the reason i'm trying this. I know that the amp will power on entirely without a headunit present, and generate the chimes in the denali without a head unit. I assumed it'd pick up the same GMlan messages in the non bose trucks but maybe not. I'm fixing to go out and put power to the amp through the harness for the first time, and reprogram my maestro RR just to see what happens

kbuskill

Reaction score
"luxury" amp from an 08 denali. That's part of the reason i'm trying this. I know that the amp will power on entirely without a headunit present, and generate the chimes in the denali without a head unit. I assumed it'd pick up the same GMlan messages in the non bose trucks but maybe not. I'm fixing to go out and put power to the amp through the harness for the first time, and reprogram my maestro RR just to see what happens

I would think it would too but can't say for sure.

How are you wiring up the Luxury amp since your truck didn't come with a harness for an Amp in the console?

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I would think it would too but can't say for sure.

How are you wiring up the Luxury amp since your truck didn't come with a harness for an Amp in the console?
Access to all data, gt150/280 pins, and a couple miles of wire lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Access to all data, gt150/280 pins, and a couple miles of wire lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
if you wired it properly then you program the maestro for bose and it will send the digital signal to turn on the bose amp

***also there is a glitch with the meastro and bose if you set the maestro to keep the headunit on while cranking it may not send the digital signal to turn the amp back on, by default that option is off but just heads up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645