The Bose add an amp nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Big2014Baby

Big2014Baby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That is a Jensen 600 W 2 OHM hooked to a 12" sub, and a Jensen 1000 W 4 OHM hooked up to a 12" mid. I built it myself mostly. Everything is wired up and squared away except the signal out to RCA jacks...I have been tinkering with it since August and I have nearly reached the point I am going to pull the interior and purge the Yukon of every piece of that Bose trash. If the guy that bought this new had gone cheap on the stereo this would have been a 2 hour project.

OP
OP
Big2014Baby

Big2014Baby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You are right, the Bose amp is digital. I was thinking about why I didn't pull the interior and purge the Bose garbage on day 1. A bunch of the OEM beeps and dings, and other happy car noises run through the digitized Bose amplifier under the center console. Just tearing it out, like a rational human being would want to do, messes up many normal audio functions. Apparently the trick to adding an amplifier is to tap into the audio signal BEFORE it gets into the Bose amp. There are numerous ways of doing this, or so I hope. I have decided to do it without buying a wiring harness. Wish me luck. Here is step 1...

Attachments

• 1703146348237572969786723330842.jpg
    1703146348237572969786723330842.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 12

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are right, the Bose amp is digital. I was thinking about why I didn't pull the interior and purge the Bose garbage on day 1. A bunch of the OEM beeps and dings, and other happy car noises run through the digitized Bose amplifier under the center console. Just tearing it out, like a rational human being would want to do, messes up many normal audio functions. Apparently the trick to adding an amplifier is to tap into the audio signal BEFORE it gets into the Bose amp. There are numerous ways of doing this, or so I hope. I have decided to do it without buying a wiring harness. Wish me luck. Here is step 1...

What wires are you tapping in to?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
your best option if using the stock headunit is to grab a LC2, and hopefully tap into the pre-amp signal, it will sound the best.
then disable the ANC because otherwise the mic's are going to create feedback and hum

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your best option if using the stock headunit is to grab a LC2, and hopefully tap into the pre-amp signal, it will sound the best.
then disable the ANC because otherwise the mic's are going to create feedback and hum

Yup- ditching the stock HU opens up a world of improvements and possibilities. I'd go this route for sound improvement and easy upgradeability before trying to nab an altered signal from the factory system.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck, let us know how it goes!

I thought the blue/white wire was a purple/white wire in your earlier photos!
Here is the diagram for the sub.
amp.png

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the later models of Bose sucked. I can't claim to be an all-out audiophile, but I have an ear for clean and balanced sound. I always thought the Bose in my '08 sounded pretty good for what it was. I knew it could be better suited to my tastes and swapping in an HU with a 13-band EQ and more low-level power did it for me. Adding and controlling a sub was easy since I had RCAs on the HU.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Big2014Baby

Big2014Baby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree, they sound great. The problem with Bise is they intentionally design their systems to be incompatible with anything else. Another issue, is that UNLIKE reputable audio equipment manufacturers, they don't publish any specs od their equipment, such as amp, OHM or hz or the level of output signal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar