Getting message?:"Tighten Gas Cap" or are you Unable to fill your tank? ! Look here !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
I ordered that part a while ago and replaced it on my truck. Unfortunately it has not fixed my problem. Is there anything in the engine bay like a solenoid or valve that could be causing this? I've tried to not pay a hefty fee for a dealership to fix this but I need inspection soon....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that blows man, what codes are you getting ?

Same here. Thanks for the great help.

Well here is my 1 day update... installation went fine it was a breeze to install if you have a lift you dont have to remove the spare tire, you will have plenty of room in front of the axle, i did struggle with the evaporation hose coming out them damn clips didnt want to come off, had to stick to flat head screw drivers on each end then pry it off, took me over 5 minutes to figure this out.

Re-fuel and it was clicking like how it used to, it did click 3-4 times but not like before vs every 2-3 seconds. So i'll give it a few days for the fuel system to recognize that theirs a new part in the charcoal canister box...

I reset the check engine light, and so far it hasn't come up, im hoping this resolve my issues either way i will keep you guys posted in the next few days.. hope this works

Sidepipes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought the canister purge solenoid valve from AM-autoparts.com for $30.50, including shipping from eBay. It came quickly, so now it's time to install it. I didn't have a lift, so down came the spare, and under the Yukon go I!. Just like Travieso, I had a hard time getting the hose clips off, and the mounting tang was a pain, but at last it came out. The new one went in quickly, and, so far, no "Tighten Fuel Cap" message. I need to run a couple of days to see if the engine light goes off, or , get it reset.

So far, so good.

Thanks to all.

Last edited:

ESV_Platinum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
P0455 and P0449

Bump can anyone help me with this? Already replaced rear canister solenoid from rockauto or autohauz don't remember.

Light is still on giving those codes....

Cubby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Started to get the premature shut-off at the pump and I remembered seeing this thread, thanks!

ESV_Platinum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
still having the same problem, im thinking it has to be a bad wire or something

once again, is there anything that would need to be replaced in the front area of the vehicle to fix this code? for some reason i remember reading something...

kafkaq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is great info... does anyone have a pix of exactly where to find the evap solenoid? I'm not the greatest mechanic so i just want to verify it before diving in...

scrnchr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi folks,

2004 Tahoe LS 4WD

I bought this part: ACDelco 214-2149 Professional Vapor Canister Purge Solenoid

It matches the photo at the top of this thread.

I put the truck up on ramps, crawled under from the rear, and I cannot find the part anywhere! I looked all around the gas tank, above and around the rear axle, followed the fill and vent tubes from the rear side panel to the tank--nothing. There is a small rectangular piece with cables behind and right of the tank, but it's much much smaller than this canister and the wrong shape, and the connections don't seem to match. There are no loose cables or hoses hanging anywhere, so I don't think the part is missing.

Any suggestions on exactly where I should look, or if I bought the wrong part for this truck? I'm hoping I'm not going crazy.....

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz