Getting message?:"Tighten Gas Cap" or are you Unable to fill your tank? ! Look here !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ESV_Platinum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm getting error codes p0449 p0455 on my 2004 Escalade ESV

I'm going to replace the evap solenoid with part number AC DELCO 214-2149

Is this part all I need?

41DpQQX76SL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Do I need any other associated parts? tubes?

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
Great write up Anthony, man i've been having this issue for the past 4-5 months and two dealerships couldn't figure this out.. I will soon buy this part and do it myself. thanks man, it takes me nearly 10 MIN to refuel the truck hopefully this will resolve my issue.

Subscribe for future reference

pmshea

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you so much for posting this! We had the same problem, Tighten Fuel Cap kept popping up then engine light came on. We replaced the Fuel cap and it didn't fix the problem, then it started not letting us fill up the gas tank, so we replaced the CANISTER PURGE SOLENOID VALVE ($35) and took the tahoe to the gas station and the tank filled right up! We just changed it today so the check engine light is still on but it should be going off in a few days. Thanks again!

HAYN_HO

Reaction score
wow awesome write up..i am unable to try this yet myself because im not home yet and will be next month..my wife says thats the message shes getting right now and she even bought a new gas cap because she thought it was broken haha..but im glad that theres a DIY thread on here :hands:

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been getting the P0449 code as well on my 2006 Sierra...I just ordered this part from Rock Auto for $20 shipped...crazy that for the updated part for my truck the dealer wants like $150 (solenoid and relocation kit) and wouldn't sell me the part shown above...hopefully this fixes my issue

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
I have been getting the P0449 code as well on my 2006 Sierra...I just ordered this part from Rock Auto for $20 shipped...crazy that for the updated part for my truck the dealer wants like $150 (solenoid and relocation kit) and wouldn't sell me the part shown above...hopefully this fixes my issue

this part solved my problem. biggest pain was getting my spare tire to come down

wow awesome write up..i am unable to try this yet myself because im not home yet and will be next month..my wife says thats the message shes getting right now and she even bought a new gas cap because she thought it was broken haha..but im glad that theres a DIY thread on here :hands:

NP, glad to help you guys out :Handshake:

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outstanding, now I know where my list of common issues will begin to be taken care of.

Thank you.

ESV_Platinum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered that part a while ago and replaced it on my truck. Unfortunately it has not fixed my problem. Is there anything in the engine bay like a solenoid or valve that could be causing this? I've tried to not pay a hefty fee for a dealership to fix this but I need inspection soon....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B