Gauge cluster lights not working??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick D

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,
I have an 09 Tahoe LTZ. The other day I was driving and everything was normal. My DRL were on, my gauge cluster lights lit and everything working as it should. I went to go start my truck that night and I realized that all my lights came on except for my gauge cluster lights. I thought it would be the light sensor on the dash but it is functioning during the day and obviously senses that it is night time because my headlights come on when it’s dark out. Just my gauge cluster lights will not come on at night time unless I hold a flashlight to the sensor and then it thinks it’s day. Can anyone out there help a fella out??

OP
OP
Nick D

Nick D

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m hoping it might just be a fuse and that the sensor itself is not bad. I have just never heard of this one before and it’s confusing me

09Tahoe4Now

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking dimmer dial or fuse, as starting places as well. I like trying to hope for the simple fixes. That dimmer dial had me going in circles once lol. I didn’t realize it was pushed in or out...can’t recall off the top of my head.

OP
OP
Nick D

Nick D

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was thinking dimmer dial or fuse, as starting places as well. I like trying to hope for the simple fixes. That dimmer dial had me going in circles once lol. I didn’t realize it was pushed in or out...can’t recall off the top of my head.
Yes I checked the dimmer dial and the fuses. Nothing is blown and the dial is all the way up. I don’t feel like taking it to the dealer and getting the run around and being charged an arm and a leg for it

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Double check that your parking/running lights are working on the rear. Most vehicles are wired so that if you lose power to your taillights it will also cut power to your cluster to alert you to the fact that your taillights aren't working... not your brake lights but your parking/running lights.

doggybear

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Were you ever able to solve this issue? I am having the exact same issue.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Were you ever able to solve this issue? I am having the exact same issue.

The OP hasn't been here in 4 years, so don't expect an answer. Best to start a new thread in your correct vehicle section.

You might also consider doing what was recommended for the OP's issue before asking for suggestions.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dimmer dial does not dim completely off (unless you program the bcm with an autosync)

what i have noticed is with headlights off at night, the guages will also be off, while the digital display and controls are still lit.

I have tweaked a few settings with the autosync (disabled auto lights, dimmer can turn lights completely off) so I'm not sure that is stock behavior 100%..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts