Front Control Arm Bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I already have the Belltech spindles on my 07 Suburban and am now planning on installing the front springs (bought the 733BLT kit). I only want to get 1 inch lower out of the springs, so my question is - Do I really need to install the camber bushings included with the kit? As far as I can tell by reading the instructions, the bushings would only really be required if using the springs for 2".

Thanks,
Mark

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
3 inches or more I install them. its a hit or miss on them.

OP
OP
B

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tony, guess I just figured that since 2 inches are from the spindles and only 1 inch from the spring that the bushing may not be necessary - guess I'll just have to try it and see (is the issue one of alignment?)

Mark

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have spindles and drop struts and I'm lowered 3". I was 1 degree out of camber, which isn't bad, but I still ended up getting the camber kit and now it's perfect.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nathanjax - thanks for the reply. I thought in your truck you had the Belltech spindles and lowering struts, not the springs. How difficult were the camber bushings to install??

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nathanjax - thanks for the reply. I thought in your truck you had the Belltech spindles and lowering struts, not the springs. How difficult were the camber bushings to install??

Sorry, I meant struts. I have the Belltech struts that use the factory springs. Fixed my earlier post.

I had a shop do the camber bushing and re-align for something like $120 to $140. They have to be pressed out and the new ones pressed in. Kinda a pain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19