Found a 12.1 android head unit that incorporates HVAC factory system controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

syclnjr

Reaction score
I was so ready to purchase then started digging into the unit and the specifics of it.
I don’t think the cable they are talking about works for NNBS rear seat or anything other than the very new body style Tahoe’s and Yukon’s.

both Rhino Radios and Phoenix sell the same unit but have a hard time answering simple questions about it.

with you. Going to pass until it gets better versions of hardware etc. I imagine the price will bump back to $800 for the unit.

Mike

OP
OP
fastscirocco

fastscirocco

Reaction score
I was so ready to purchase then started digging into the unit and the specifics of it.
I don’t think the cable they are talking about works for NNBS rear seat or anything other than the very new body style Tahoe’s and Yukon’s.

both Rhino Radios and Phoenix sell the same unit but have a hard time answering simple questions about it.

with you. Going to pass until it gets better versions of hardware etc. I imagine the price will bump back to $800 for the unit.

Mike

I agree, It's a very tempting product but I don't think it's quite where I want it to be.
I'm waiting until they release a newer version.

JJ351

Reaction score
Rhino Radios now sells a 4G RAM, Android 8.1 version.

mackmcmillan

Reaction score
Idk, but I rechecked Phoenix radios and they now list an Android 9 with 4G ram (w/ Auto AC):

https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.co...suburban-gmc-yukon-sierra-avalanche-2007-2014

Too bad it won't work with manual climate controls. I'm always curious to know things like if the AUTO controls have the same pigtail / would be plug and play... If that were true it should work regardless. That said, if they make it a point to delineate AUTO specifically, it would seem to not be the case for any number of reasons. I've bought different things from other GMT900s that weren't Tahoe/Chevy specific that were fine when plugged in although the option wasn't available beforehand (such as escalade side mirrors with turn signals, etc). The downside to tech is sometimes it is its own worst enemy.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad it won't work with manual climate controls. I'm always curious to know things like if the AUTO controls have the same pigtail / would be plug and play... If that were true it should work regardless. That said, if they make it a point to delineate AUTO specifically, it would seem to not be the case for any number of reasons. I've bought different things from other GMT900s that weren't Tahoe/Chevy specific that were fine when plugged in although the option wasn't available beforehand (such as escalade side mirrors with turn signals, etc). The downside to tech is sometimes it is its own worst enemy.

Not even close. There's sensors in the roof, sensors in the dash, and other stuff to make the auto work. You'd have to have the BCM and the inside wiring harness.

mackmcmillan

Reaction score
Not even close. There's sensors in the roof, sensors in the dash, and other stuff to make the auto work. You'd have to have the BCM and the inside wiring harness.

Figured as much. As I said, tech can be its own worst enemy at times! Hehe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop