Found a 12.1 android head unit that incorporates HVAC factory system controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
fastscirocco

fastscirocco

Reaction score
I talked with a Phoenix Automotive's customer service rep, asking a few questions. I was trying to find out if the RSE displays and headsets will work.
They scheduled time for me to talk with a tech next week. So far it's looking promising, I'll report back what I learn.

OP
OP
fastscirocco

fastscirocco

Reaction score
I found a youtube video by a guy called Redbeard, he installs one of Phoenix Automotive's radios in his F150.
It's not the same vehicle but he shows what it will do and what he doesn't like about it.

whymeintrouble

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wouldn't take the chance. It is running Android that is 2.5 years old. To much risk there in my world.
Although I do like the idea of it. Maybe they could find a way to make it work for Android 9.

d3adpool

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I clicked it and it wants me to log in first... Is there a workaround vs yet another ID/PW to add to the list? Hehe, I know I know, 1st world boo-hoo, but hey, if ya know, ya know, right?

I'm not sure of a workaround. It doesn't ask me to login when I go to another browser to view the thread, only asks me to register but I can still view the thread.

mackmcmillan

Reaction score
I'm not sure of a workaround. It doesn't ask me to login when I go to another browser to view the thread, only asks me to register but I can still view the thread.

No worries! I did some basic (and I mean BASIC) digging and remedied the issue. Hehe, sorry about that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844