Found a 12.1 android head unit that incorporates HVAC factory system controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mackmcmillan

Reaction score
This is my issue though, they should be able to figure this out as the original HVAC head unit, from what I remember, display or controls don't turn on or work with out the key on.

Something to test I guess with the new one

I follow this and only hope there'll be a time when they have that worked out AND a version that works for us who don't have the upgraded HVAC controls, etc! I'm a bit sad there's enough difference to basically disqualify my ride. Ugh, a physical bypass could be done for it, but wouldn't look stock and if the turning it on/off before it works type thing is real, then it's certainly a no-go!

syclnjr

Reaction score
something else to test or comes to mind. The TPMS sensors that are internal, I wonder if the factory ones could be utlized. Since I already have all four sensors for the original system, for it to display on the unit I would assume that the external units would have to be used if the factory ones can't be.

also need confirmation on the internal Car play and Android Auto system that you can order with it, if you need a dongle as well to plug in for wireless connection or do you just plug into USB, etc.

Mike

JJ351

Reaction score
Still waiting on my order. Seems like I'm not the only one when I looked at their facebook page. And they're not answering the phone. I might try for a refund if they don't give me an answer soon.

edit: I just received an answer. It's coming from China and they have a notoriously bad postal system. They said I'll get a tracking number soon.

Last edited:

browngb87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Still waiting on my order. Seems like I'm not the only one when I looked at their facebook page. And they're not answering the phone. I might try for a refund if they don't give me an answer soon.

edit: I just received an answer. It's coming from China and they have a notoriously bad postal system. They said I'll get a tracking number soon.
Just a heads up those Chinese tracking numbers are about as useless as fortune cookies until they reach US soil.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

browngb87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Are you going to be testing the integration of the rear screens and the factory wireless headphones? Also testing if the hvac turns on with remote start or if you have to physically turn it on as shown in some videos.

JJ351

Reaction score
Are you going to be testing the integration of the rear screens and the factory wireless headphones? Also testing if the hvac turns on with remote start or if you have to physically turn it on as shown in some videos.

I've never used the rear entertainment system, so if it doesn't work it won't be a big deal to me, but I'll try it here. Likewise for remote start

JigglesZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Definitely let us know about the HVAC turning on and heated seats with remote start as well as the rear fold down screen.

I read in some comments on YouTube that someone did somewhat confirm that the heated seats and heat turned on with remote start.

I would like someone to re-clarify that, but it would make sense if it does because that would most likely be coming from the HVAC controller circuit board that you need to reuse on this unit.

i think that the 4gb with Android 9 would be the only way to fly on this.

also from what I have seen the cigarette lighters are no longer used and will need to be taped up. And it seems the drivers pedals and backup sensors and traction switch can be utilized within the unit.

There is a somewhat new video of a guy installing the old verison of this looks like it was uploaded two weeks ago “explicit music in video” I end up muting it.

Update= Also as i was writing this I got an email from someone over at Rhino Radios tech support “see below”.

Jan 16, 12:54 EST

Jeff,

Rear entertainment is not compatible with our units.

Pac is a third party company who specialize in harness to retain rear entertainment.

https://pac-audio.com/

Call then tell them the year make and model and tell them you will be purchasing a Rhino Radio.

JigglesZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with PAC and they stated that this cable should fix the issue with the Rear Screen.

https://www.amazon.com/PAC-GMRVD-Ov...579188200&sr=8-1#immersive-view_1579192787470

Also further investigation shows the steering wheel controls are retained and functional on this radio however the voice function will not work but looks like a work around is downloading google assistant. Also noting that this does have a built in microphone but apparently has the ability to use a External wired mic.

I most likely will be getting once of those as well and installing it in the headliner rearview-mirror area.

also side note

Shipping will take a very long time close to a month because yes they ship them out from China.

I’ve done enough research and I’m most likely also gonna be a guinea pig for this.

Placed my order just now and used a coupon code got it for $540.00 That is the Android 9.0 version with 4gb of ram and also paid to have apple carplay and Android auto built in.

planning on doing proper install and review videos once i receive the product.

mackmcmillan

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with PAC and they stated that this cable should fix the issue with the Rear Screen.

https://www.amazon.com/PAC-GMRVD-Ov...579188200&sr=8-1#immersive-view_1579192787470

Also further investigation shows the steering wheel controls are retained and functional on this radio however the voice function will not work but looks like a work around is downloading google assistant. Also noting that this does have a built in microphone but apparently has the ability to use a External wired mic.

I most likely will be getting once of those as well and installing it in the headliner rearview-mirror area.

also side note

Shipping will take a very long time close to a month because yes they ship them out from China.

I’ve done enough research and I’m most likely also gonna be a guinea pig for this.

Placed my order just now and used a coupon code got it for $540.00 That is the Android 9.0 version with 4gb of ram and also paid to have apple carplay and Android auto built in.

planning on doing proper install and review videos once i receive the product.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing how it goes! Those of us who have the standard HVAC controls are automatically out of the game from the outset. May as well live vicariously through those "lucky" enough to be able to run one of these.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts