Found a 12.1 android head unit that incorporates HVAC factory system controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tst1212

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd stay away, the Android is over 2 year old, 2GB RAM is half of what you get from a $250 Pumpkin unit off Amazon (Not promoting Pumpkin either). Also, there is a ton of stuff your current unit does that this probably won't support (built-in hand free phone, steering wheel controls, connect to current backup cam, just to name a few)

OP
OP
fastscirocco

fastscirocco

Reaction score
I'd stay away, the Android is over 2 year old, 2GB RAM is half of what you get from a $250 Pumpkin unit off Amazon (Not promoting Pumpkin either). Also, there is a ton of stuff your current unit does that this probably won't support (built-in hand free phone, steering wheel controls, connect to current backup cam, just to name a few)

Yes I would prefer more ram but no it includes steering wheel controls, use of current back up camera.
Additionally they just released an adapter to incorporate the factory rear seat entertainment system.
I like this improvement but think they may have a newer unit coming out soon as the current one
is now priced at $460.

I'm investigating this unit further next week and inquiring if a newer unit is forthcoming.

https://www.facebook.com/PhoenixAnd...d=1562198960198261&notif_t=feed_comment_reply

The_Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hesitant to dive in. I'd like more support, reviews. I am hoping someone with this unit will chime in.

OP
OP
fastscirocco

fastscirocco

Reaction score
I'm hesitant to dive in. I'd like more support, reviews. I am hoping someone with this unit will chime in.

I don't have one yet but am considering it. Based on their price drop I think they are coming out with a newer model.
If they release a new model running newer version of Android I plan on getting one and be the guinea pig. ;-)

The_Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have one yet but am considering it. Based on their price drop I think they are coming out with a newer model.
If they release a new model running newer version of Android I plan on getting one and be the guinea pig. ;-)
Yes, is be there with you as long as the new model is not at twice the price.

My real problem and aversion to upgrading is the Bose system

OP
OP
fastscirocco

fastscirocco

Reaction score
Quick update - After doing a lot of research I've decided to wait on purchasing one.

Reason 1. They are planning on updating the operating system to 9.0
Reason 2. I am unsure if the radio can receive HD radio
Reason 3. There are reports of issues with the sound level not working correctly, however a fix is expected soon.
Reason 4. They released a cable to enable use of Rear Seat Entertainment screens - however I don't currently see it on their site and this is important to my kids!

After these have been addressed I'll most likely buy one.
I would advise against buying one now.

mackmcmillan

Reaction score
Quick update - After doing a lot of research I've decided to wait on purchasing one.

Reason 1. They are planning on updating the operating system to 9.0
Reason 2. I am unsure if the radio can receive HD radio
Reason 3. There are reports of issues with the sound level not working correctly, however a fix is expected soon.
Reason 4. They released a cable to enable use of Rear Seat Entertainment screens - however I don't currently see it on their site and this is important to my kids!

After these have been addressed I'll most likely buy one.
I would advise against buying one now.

Thank you so much for the effort and updates! I really want to do this upgrade as well and had doubts they were 100% ready. Can't wait to hear when they HAVE been!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bryndan99