Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been out of town for the last week working.

Blackstone sample was received as they already sent me 2 empty containers for the next time. Hopefully that report will come in soon. I don’t expect any surprises at this point but always good to know the baseline.

Wife calls and says the passenger front door will not open. My boy got out one day at school, but couldn’t open it the next day.

Hmmm... get home and try to open it, but see that the door panel is sticking.

Climb inside and try to open it, but here some not so good plastic sounds.

Hold the door panel tight and gently/forcefully persuade it to push open and success. Nothing broken and as I suspected.

One of the white plastic clips on the door panel had slipped off, thus allowing the door panel to hang sort of free below the grab handle height, thus binding and hanging up on the weather seal.

Took the door panel half way off, removed the white peg and slid it back on the door panel, tightened up the door handle as I had just replaced that handle (this must have been where the clip stuck to the door and not the panel) when I reinstalled it.

Put it back together and showed the wife why and how it happened.

Back in business for 10 minutes work.

Both trucks were filthy. So I washed them together. Foam nozzle and all. Went inside for dinner. Came back out to finish drying and the sky unloaded with torrential rains, lightning, thunder and numerous power flickers.

But at least the dirt is off and the hard water from the hose won’t be an issue. Will just dry off in he morning and be shining for the day.

Bonus: the grass got watered for free and the orchids are sorted as well. Yeah buddy!!

F3013967-7D21-4962-9FEB-D3E11CBF0606.jpeg

AB5A50A3-10CF-4A33-974C-4C86E74E65E6.jpeg

ADA4B885-A3BA-47C8-AB2D-C307DCA331B2.jpeg

0F842ED7-E056-46CC-A3E4-53869E91BCA0.jpeg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Been out of town for the last week working.

Blackstone sample was received as they already sent me 2 empty containers for the next time. Hopefully that report will come in soon. I don’t expect any surprises at this point but always good to know the baseline.

Wife calls and says the passenger front door will not open. My boy got out one day at school, but couldn’t open it the next day.

Hmmm... get home and try to open it, but see that the door panel is sticking.

Climb inside and try to open it, but here some not so good plastic sounds.

Hold the door panel tight and gently/forcefully persuade it to push open and success. Nothing broken and as I suspected.

One of the white plastic clips on the door panel had slipped off, thus allowing the door panel to hang sort of free below the grab handle height, thus binding and hanging up on the weather seal.

Took the door panel half way off, removed the white peg and slid it back on the door panel, tightened up the door handle as I had just replaced that handle (this must have been where the clip stuck to the door and not the panel) when I reinstalled it.

Put it back together and showed the wife why and how it happened.

Back in business for 10 minutes work.

Both trucks were filthy. So I washed them together. Foam nozzle and all. Went inside for dinner. Came back out to finish drying and the sky unloaded with torrential rains, lightning, thunder and numerous power flickers.

But at least the dirt is off and the hard water from the hose won’t be an issue. Will just dry off in he morning and be shining for the day.

Bonus: the grass got watered for free and the orchids are sorted as well. Yeah buddy!!

View attachment 219624

View attachment 219623

View attachment 219627

View attachment 219626

Holy crap that's a lot of orchids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons