Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man you got to match the word SUBURBAN on both sides or pull the one side off. That drives me nuts when you post pics.

I know it sucks. Paint work on tailgate and driver’s side prevents me from deleting the letters on that side. Color matching those little areas with WDT might be out of my experience.

The paint shop swore they would not touch a WDT to match again. I found another paint shop. Lol

I should probably match the passenger side, just haven’t done it. And no way anybody cares, but us, and will never ever be able to see both sides, nor be bothered, but us, to walk around and see that my illusion is true.

Delete passenger side and lettered driver’s side.

Lol. I know it ultimately messes with the strive for perfection and excellence. I might put them back on or let it ride, but dammit thx for pointing out my deficiencies with the Burb....grrrr....lol

It’s all good. :893karatesmiley-thu

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it sucks. Paint work on tailgate and driver’s side prevents me from deleting the letters on that side. Color matching those little areas with WDT might be out of my experience.

The paint shop swore they would not touch a WDT to match again. I found another paint shop. Lol

I should probably match the passenger side, just haven’t done it. And no way anybody cares, but us, and will never ever be able to see both sides, nor be bothered, but us, to walk around and see that my illusion is true.

Lol. I know it ultimately messes with the strive for perfection and excellence. I might put them back on or let it ride, but dammit thx for pointing out my deficiencies with the Burb....grrrr....lol

If your cool with it then I am. I just know you are a perfectionist and I am too.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Here's my low blow.....

It's making your tires wear unevenly. Not to mention the extra wear on that door hinge from the weight. Add that to the standard "Chevy lean" and you've got a real problem on your hands .... Jusssayin.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washing the long body last night and I had no dome lights and no power lift gate either. It would not work by the interior button, key fob or by pulling on the handle. It would manually lift up, but nothing electronically going on even though you could hear the motor actuating inside the lift gate.

Took me a few moments to figure out that the Dome OFF button had been pushed. Wife called the other day and the dome light knob had been turned all the way to the right and the interior lights were on all night. Thankfully LED and new battery so no issues in the morning when she went about her day. Sure enough the lift gate OFF button by the sunroof had been pressed, thus deactivating the power part of the lift gate.

We took the kids for Dairy Queen blizzards after a doctor's appointment through sucky Friday evening traffic. Spring Break has already started too. NY, NJ and Quebec plates are everywhere.

I asked her if she thought the Tahoe was comfortable to ride in, especially after the shocks discussion on the NBS thread.

She said yes and loved the seats. She said for the long trips, she prefers her Burb and furthermore that she likes the looks of the NNBS way better than the K2XX.

She likes the rounded corners. Glad you like the looks of your truck. 22s and a bit lower would enhance that appreciation a bit more. Whaddyathink?

She is due for an oil change very soon. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
34186 miles

Today was a long day of detailing. Been wanting to get the long body under the DA and with no family at the house today it sure made it easy.

Same formula as the Tahoe from the other week. Clay bar, 3M Perfect-It Machine Polish step 3, Surf City Garage Nano Seal and finished off with Trinova paint sealant. I did step down a bit to 3M step 2 on the hood as there were a few spots that the step 3 was not shifting. 3 steps just takes so damn long, so I mixed in other projects while the 2 final stages had extra time to do their magic. The final result won't represent in the pictures, but the paint looks really good. My reward is that she is shiny and protected and just looks fantastic!!

The following also got done today: wheels were polished with Flitz and sealed with Rejex (I know the LTZ wheels are so old and played out in the GM world, but they do throw some serious reflection when they spin going down the road), windows polished and Rain X'd, all chrome polished with Flitz and sealed with Trinova, plastics shined up, stuck my finger in every hole of that damn mesh grille to polish it out (grrrrr....that was a major pain), interior vacuumed and wiped down with Surf City Garage Dash Away (moves the dirt really well and has a good smell too), interior windows all wiped down with water and microfiber, touched up some surface rust spots on the frame from the lift at the shop with matte black spray paint , wiped down the engine bay and hood underside, detailed the power running boards top and bottom (nasty road grime that took some denatured alcohol to shift the goop) and drilled a drain hole, sanded and painted the driver's side fender brace (I did the passenger side a few months ago when I replaced the battery), so now they match.

Pretty good day now that both trucks are fully detailed.

Clay bar early Friday morning before work, getting ready for the weekend detail.
IMG_6023.jpg

Detailed and done. Pictures just don't do it justice, but she does look really good.
IMG_6043.jpg IMG_6044.jpg IMG_6045.jpg IMG_6047.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE