Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
34186 miles

Today was a long day of detailing. Been wanting to get the long body under the DA and with no family at the house today it sure made it easy.

Same formula as the Tahoe from the other week. Clay bar, 3M Perfect-It Machine Polish step 3, Surf City Garage Nano Seal and finished off with Trinova paint sealant. I did step down a bit to 3M step 2 on the hood as there were a few spots that the step 3 was not shifting. 3 steps just takes so damn long, so I mixed in other projects while the 2 final stages had extra time to do their magic. The final result won't represent in the pictures, but the paint looks really good. My reward is that she is shiny and protected and just looks fantastic!!

The following also got done today: wheels were polished with Flitz and sealed with Rejex (I know the LTZ wheels are so old and played out in the GM world, but they do throw some serious reflection when they spin going down the road), windows polished and Rain X'd, all chrome polished with Flitz and sealed with Trinova, plastics shined up, stuck my finger in every hole of that damn mesh grille to polish it out (grrrrr....that was a major pain), interior vacuumed and wiped down with Surf City Garage Dash Away (moves the dirt really well and has a good smell too), interior windows all wiped down with water and microfiber, touched up some surface rust spots on the frame from the lift at the shop with matte black spray paint , wiped down the engine bay and hood underside, detailed the power running boards top and bottom (nasty road grime that took some denatured alcohol to shift the goop) and drilled a drain hole, sanded and painted the driver's side fender brace (I did the passenger side a few months ago when I replaced the battery), so now they match.

Pretty good day now that both trucks are fully detailed.

Clay bar early Friday morning before work, getting ready for the weekend detail.
View attachment 218319

Detailed and done. Pictures just don't do it justice, but she does look really good.
View attachment 218320 View attachment 218321 View attachment 218322 View attachment 218323
Man! I'm tired just reading about all the work you did. Looks fantastic tho :waytogo:. Has a bird shit on it yet? Always seems to happen after I just wash it.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man! I'm tired just reading about all the work you did. Looks fantastic tho :waytogo:. Has a bird shit on it yet? Always seems to happen after I just wash it.

I'm beat now that I stopped and sat down. No birds...yet. lol I went to the church across the road to the take the photos and put it back in the carport.

Boo...the Tahoe has been pushed out and needs a wash now.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm beat now that I stopped and sat down. No birds...yet. lol I went to the church across the road to the take the photos and put it back in the carport.

Boo...the Tahoe has been pushed out and needs a wash now.
Guess we know what you'll be doing tomorrow lol :buffer:.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah but there's "my kid is driving me nuts" And "I painted my fender braces" nuts.

Sure makes for some nice viewing ,though!
Lol, or I touched up my frame with black paint where the lift rubbed it off? Sorry Foss, can't help but bust your chops :D. It's all good brotha. Yoy'd probably go into seizures if you saw how dirty my Hoe is!

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're nuts, lol!

Self professed when it comes to clean and detailed. Lol

Yeah but there's "my kid is driving me nuts" And "I painted my fender braces" nuts.

Sure makes for some nice viewing ,though!

Why I keep it in my build thread. Lol

Lol, or I touched up my frame with black paint where the lift rubbed it off? Sorry Foss, can't help but bust your chops :D. It's all good brotha. Yoy'd probably go into seizures if you saw how dirty my Hoe is!

Not offended one bit. Just lucky I can work on the trucks all year. I do not envy the cold winter, snow, ice and salt.

I did them now before the humidity starts creeping up again. Summer detail is just not fun. The mosquitoes sure were on the case though.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
34186 miles

Today was a long day of detailing. Been wanting to get the long body under the DA and with no family at the house today it sure made it easy.

Same formula as the Tahoe from the other week. Clay bar, 3M Perfect-It Machine Polish step 3, Surf City Garage Nano Seal and finished off with Trinova paint sealant. I did step down a bit to 3M step 2 on the hood as there were a few spots that the step 3 was not shifting. 3 steps just takes so damn long, so I mixed in other projects while the 2 final stages had extra time to do their magic. The final result won't represent in the pictures, but the paint looks really good. My reward is that she is shiny and protected and just looks fantastic!!

The following also got done today: wheels were polished with Flitz and sealed with Rejex (I know the LTZ wheels are so old and played out in the GM world, but they do throw some serious reflection when they spin going down the road), windows polished and Rain X'd, all chrome polished with Flitz and sealed with Trinova, plastics shined up, stuck my finger in every hole of that damn mesh grille to polish it out (grrrrr....that was a major pain), interior vacuumed and wiped down with Surf City Garage Dash Away (moves the dirt really well and has a good smell too), interior windows all wiped down with water and microfiber, touched up some surface rust spots on the frame from the lift at the shop with matte black spray paint , wiped down the engine bay and hood underside, detailed the power running boards top and bottom (nasty road grime that took some denatured alcohol to shift the goop) and drilled a drain hole, sanded and painted the driver's side fender brace (I did the passenger side a few months ago when I replaced the battery), so now they match.

Pretty good day now that both trucks are fully detailed.

Clay bar early Friday morning before work, getting ready for the weekend detail.
View attachment 218319

Detailed and done. Pictures just don't do it justice, but she does look really good.
View attachment 218320 View attachment 218321 View attachment 218322 View attachment 218323
Can’t wait to do the same to mine this spring once we are out of the winter weather once and for all. DEFINITELY is a long job on these burbs. Seems to take forever lol

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Self professed when it comes to clean and detailed. Lol

Why I keep it in my build thread. Lol

Not offended one bit. Just lucky I can work on the trucks all year. I do not envy the cold winter, snow, ice and salt.

I did them now before the humidity starts creeping up again. Summer detail is just not fun. The mosquitoes sure were on the case though.

Yeah. The snow, salt, and ice make good excuses don't they?! I couldn't keep up with you if I lived in Bermuda. Your reputation precedes you for a reason! Setting the bar, brother.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87