Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know if these would help, Gruven pieces to make them stronger and not pull out.

http://www.gruvenparts.com/stainless-machined-gm-door-handle-inserts/

You coming to the meet on the 28th at PBIR?

Thx for the parts list. I do remember seeing these posted at one point, but forgot about them. Damn inserts cost 2 door handles!! lol

Working over the holidays so Tahoe is being put to bed for a few weeks. I want to make one of the shows before the summer, but just never seem to be able to find the time to break away. Trying to make sure I spend that quality time with the kids as they always have something on, just like has been stressed by you ahem slightly older dads. lol

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Points well taken and heard with wide open ears. I make sure and hug and have physical contact with my kids all the time. I drive them to school every day. I walk them into the school still (they let me and I make a point to park and do it because I know high school is one year away and my boy will not be letting that happen in 2020 :().

I try every day to foster some sort of comms and interest with them. Not every day is perfect, but both my wife and I had very loving parents and we still cherish and relish the old days and times we can spend with each set of parents and siblings. It is very important. My brother just sent me pics from when we were kids and we reminisced about that old house and the times we had in Washington in the early 80s (the one with the yellow Suburban). They each added something different about the things we did there.

I know it is just a truck and it will move on. Thx for the gut check....ouch :oops::)

BRAVO.

By the way, I sure hope that you didn't take my comment negatively. Just sharing my own walk down memory lane and how I've loosened up a bit when it comes to vehicles. :)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx for the parts list. I do remember seeing these posted at one point, but forgot about them. Damn inserts cost 2 door handles!! lol

Working over the holidays so Tahoe is being put to bed for a few weeks. I want to make one of the shows before the summer, but just never seem to be able to find the time to break away. Trying to make sure I spend that quality time with the kids as they always have something on, just like has been stressed by you ahem slightly older dads. lol

Bring them up! They'll probably love eating junk food and watching fast cars run down the track.

Saw your other post about the traffic from the snowbirds, don't miss those days at all! Sometimes I used to wonder if I could get to point B faster on a bicycle!

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BRAVO.

By the way, I sure hope that you didn't take my comment negatively. Just sharing my own walk down memory lane and how I've loosened up a bit when it comes to vehicles. :)

Negative ghostwriter. No offense taken and insight always appreciated. I'm in a good kid space at the moment, but that is all soon to change. I am on the cusp of high school and middle school

My son 12, loves Fortnite, but he still likes to jam on Rock Band, ride bikes, draw, do sleep overs with us in his room on the weekends and other cool stuff. He has drifted a bit with the weirdness of middle school. He requests certain hair wax and has mentioned girls names at school more this year.

My girl, 10 is daddy's girl, likes me taking her to dance, practicing lacrosse, braiding her hair, and reading with her, etc...She can burn the house down in a minute and then wrote a letter to Santa via the Elves this year that made me cry, it was so sweet.

So there you have it.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Negative ghostwriter. No offense taken and insight always appreciated. I'm in a good kid space at the moment, but that is all soon to change. I am on the cusp of high school and middle school

My son 12, loves Fortnite, but he still likes to jam on Rock Band, ride bikes, draw, do sleep overs with us in his room on the weekends and other cool stuff. He has drifted a bit with the weirdness of middle school. He requests certain hair wax and has mentioned girls names at school more this year.

My girl, 10 is daddy's girl, likes me taking her to dance, practicing lacrosse, braiding her hair, and reading with her, etc...She can burn the house down in a minute and then wrote a letter to Santa via the Elves this year that made me cry, it was so sweet.

So there you have it.
My 11 year old started middle school this year so I'm right there with ya. It's funny cuz I can see that he's starting to turn a corner of wanting to be "cool" as he's started to care about his appearance a lot more this year but yet when he sees me he still insists on giving me a kiss on the cheek even when it's in front of his peers. I'm curious how much longer that'll last but I'll take it while I can :) My other 3 are still young (9 and under) but it'll be interesting to see them grow. :hmm:

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahaha

As weird as they may seem right now, don't blink: they'll be on to the next phase, and the next, and then grown up before you know it. My older one is 21, and I can still remember taking her to school and picking her up every single school day; same as with my younger one, who is now 17 and driving herself to school----damn, I miss those days when they were just kids. :bawl:

Alright, I'll shut up now.

Move along; nothing to see here...!

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 11 year old started middle school this year so I'm right there with ya. It's funny cuz I can see that he's starting to turn a corner of wanting to be "cool" as he's started to care about his appearance a lot more this year but yet when he sees me he still insists on giving me a kiss on the cheek even when it's in front of his peers. I'm curious how much longer that'll last but I'll take it while I can :) My other 3 are still young (9 and under) but it'll be interesting to see them grow. :hmm:

Can i chime in to say my 4mo old boy is napping on me right now. It's been a crazy learning curve becoming Mr. Mom. I often find myself wanting him to be bigger and less reliant on me every waking moment.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can i chime in to say my 4mo old boy is napping on me right now. It's been a crazy learning curve becoming Mr. Mom. I often find myself wanting him to be bigger and less reliant on me every waking moment.

The time will come when you wish the opposite. Savour every moment of each day with them. Be gracious and charitable with them. But don't let them get away with being disrespectful or breaking the ten commandments. Such will build character and make their lives more fruitful and honoring.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the front passenger exterior door handle that my son has mangled since he started riding shotgun.

Nothing challenging other than the replacement screw holes for the 10mm bolts through the door were a touch off.

The handle needed a little negotiating to get them to thread straight and pull the handle and gasket up tight against the door.

But not too tight as that would strip out the pot metal inserts in the plastic. Lol

The floor liners got a rinse, carpet vacuumed and some spot treatment with Folex carpet cleaner. That stuff is the bomb.

Spray it on, work it to a lather with your finger, then blot dry. You’ll be amazed how well it works.

All 4 doors and the dash got a good wipe down with some Lucas Oil interior cleaner.

I finished off the front seats with Scrubbing Bubbles and some Lexol leather conditioner I had on hand.

AAA97028-B655-4046-A172-34B226C85E2F.jpeg 3FCE7200-819A-42B7-9F34-AE1C7E46A8D4.jpeg 5CE3FB80-5F0B-40C0-8AE1-F8AC9489D57D.jpegView attachment 212583 5616EA12-5845-4D30-8874-28854A1C4BD5.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01