Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed this past weekend and then a Christmas party. Friend let me park on his grass, so a different picture op.

My son can now ride shotgun and loves it. However, he has managed to break the passenger rear cheap handle once and it has nearly failed again. Since he moved to the front seat most of the time, he has managed to break that handle too. I have the replacement handle ready to install, just need to find the time.

Dammit son.....pull out, not down!! Killing me man!!

IMG_4443.jpg IMG_4444.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Washed this past weekend and then a Christmas party. Friend let me park on his grass, so a different picture op.

My son can now ride shotgun and loves it. However, he has managed to break the passenger rear cheap handle once and it has nearly failed again. Since he moved to the front seat most of the time, he has managed to break that handle too. I have the replacement handle ready to install, just need to find the time.

View attachment 212150 View attachment 212151
I've been super lucky so far and none of my handles have broken yet **knock on wood** But I cringe every time I see one of those crumb snatchers yanking on those handles. It's just a matter of time :( They should have made those handles stronger.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the front one just pulls out and holds that position at the moment. I am surprised he hasn't yanked the pull out part completely off yet. Gotta get to it...

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 212150 View attachment 212151
For that reason, people under 15, arnt allowed to open my doors. I also choked slammed my 8yr old God Son when he used all his weight to open my ps rear door. His parents were scared for his young life. And my handles are PTM, so they would have been in for a repair bill.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am always on them to watch the doors when opening and don’t slam them so hard, don’t snap the interior handles, why is your dirty back pack on the seats, pick up your lunch box, why is there trash, etc...

A never ending battle. Maybe down the track, IF they get their own vehicle they will appreciate why I am so particular.

Need to have them more involved in the little projects a bit more to really have them appreciate why it is important to maintain and clean your personal vehicles.

Pride in ownership ya know? Lol

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
For that reason, people under 15, arnt allowed to open my doors. I also choked slammed my 8yr old God Son when he used all his weight to open my ps rear door. His parents were scared for his young life. And my handles are PTM, so they would have been in for a repair bill.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Choke slammed lol!! I bet he won't do it again! That's what you call tough love.
I am always on them to watch the doors when opening and don’t slam them so hard, don’t snap the interior handles, why is your dirty back pack on the seats, pick up your lunch box, why is there trash, etc...

A never ending battle. Maybe down the track, IF they get their own vehicle they will appreciate why I am so particular.

Need to have them more involved in the little projects a bit more to really have them appreciate why it is important to maintain and clean your personal vehicles.

Pride in ownership ya know? Lol
I was exactly the same way with my kids when they were younger.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL
I remember how I used to flip out whenever my kids would do something to my vehicle. One time, my younger daughter caused a ding in my door and I lost my mind. I immediately found a PDR guy and had the ding fixed the same day. LOL

I let go of all of that years ago. Vehicles come and they go. Kids are young for not that long, and they are bound to do kid stuff.....and then they grow up. Cherish them while they're still young. And give them reasons to come around and see you after they've grown up...and after your vehicle is long gone. :)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Don't know if these would help, Gruven pieces to make them stronger and not pull out.

http://www.gruvenparts.com/stainless-machined-gm-door-handle-inserts/

You coming to the meet on the 28th at PBIR?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL
I remember how I used to flip out whenever my kids would do something to my vehicle. One time, my younger daughter caused a ding in my door and I lost my mind. I immediately found a PDR guy and had the ding fixed the same day.

Same here. NOTHING I taught my oldest about cars rubbed off. Hers looks like a homeless person lives in it, bald tires, bad sensors, always going on vacation. Daughter #2 keeps hers in good form. Too lazy to wash it regularly but keeps the interior clean and does her own maintenance with me. Good girl. Daughter #3 still has two years to go. I'm going to need a pickup with a 6" lift or I don't think she'll want to drive anything! I suspect it will be covered in mud all the time, not because she's lazy, but as a badge of honor or symbol of her favorite pastime.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL
I remember how I used to flip out whenever my kids would do something to my vehicle. One time, my younger daughter caused a ding in my door and I lost my mind. I immediately found a PDR guy and had the ding fixed the same day. LOL

I let go of all of that years ago. Vehicles come and they go. Kids are young for not that long, and they are bound to do kid stuff.....and then they grow up. Cherish them while they're still young. And give them reasons to come around and see you after they've grown up...and after your vehicle is long gone. :)

Points well taken and heard with wide open ears. I make sure and hug and have physical contact with my kids all the time. I drive them to school every day. I walk them into the school still (they let me and I make a point to park and do it because I know high school is one year away and my boy will not be letting that happen in 2020 :().

I try every day to foster some sort of comms and interest with them. Not every day is perfect, but both my wife and I had very loving parents and we still cherish and relish the old days and times we can spend with each set of parents and siblings. It is very important. My brother just sent me pics from when we were kids and we reminisced about that old house and the times we had in Washington in the early 80s (the one with the yellow Suburban). They each added something different about the things we did there.

I know it is just a truck and it will move on. Thx for the gut check....ouch :oops::)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne