For Tall Guys / Gals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scuba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Things I did to try to maintain good posture while driving as a tall guy:
1. Did the seat lift on the front seats that someone recommend on here (from the guy on ebay). No issues so far.
2. Removed the driver's side visor, for ~1/2 inch more of visibility
3. Gave myself some lumbar support higher up. I stumbled upon this idea while installing headrest DVDs, and it looks / feels good so far (after 30 min of use). Thought I'd share. It looks a lot better than strapping some pad onto my leather seats. I just took what I had handy, which was a 2" PVC pipe, and a 1.5" (I think) pipe, nested together, and adjusted to compression-fit slightly below the horizontal seam in the mid-back.

Enjoy / roast!

20190412_222745.jpg 20190412_222700.jpg

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Not a bad idea at all. I'm 6'2 so I understand the need for lumbar support. No need for roasting here, looks like a solid idea to me. I'd rather have this than the foam back that I have to mess with every time I get in.

OP
OP
S

scuba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep-- I've got two of those foam things floating around. So far so good after about 2 hours driving.

OP
OP
S

scuba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
PS For anyone else who wants to remove the visor, just be aware that the visor itself plus the flange (flat part that holds the visor and blinds-off the hole) are a single part #. I.e. you can't buy just the flange/hole cover, and there's no apparent way to get the visor post out of it without destroying it. It was worth it to me to blind off the hole, so I bought a replacement visor+flange on ebay to mess up ($50), and stored the original visor, along with me captain's chairs and console, in the garage for it I ever want to make this a stock LT again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518