Fog light splicing? need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys asking for some advice. i got some fog lights that i spliced in the matching connector so it plugs inot the fog light connection. Im not fond of how they look in the slot on the front and found a better looking pair. i have a push bar on the front of the grille that has slots for lights. my question is if i can get a dual connection is it possible to wire two LED lights into each connection and that plug into the fog light connection? basically im thinking 4 lights (2 to each connection wired) when i click the fog lamp. all four are LED lamps. Anyone suggest any wire i can use as an extention to make everything connect? below is what im talking about

8-inch-heavy-duty-off-road-led-light-bar-18w-store.jpg

and:

71tUmHnlheL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

spliced like this but the right one for my truck:

shopping

so each pair plugs tight into the fog light connection. would it be too much? or would it work?

can anyone reccmond some wiring that would help me connect the lights on the grill to the Y connection? that line is too short

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
M71704381.jpg

this is the concept but not the right wire i know ive seen them on amazon and stuff just posting it for the concept

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I
M
O....

This is something you need to custom make.

You would need to find the correct GM connector split with the correct lengths (one of them being farther out for your bar), and for the right connectors for those specific lights. It may be out there, but good luck finding it. You may find someone who will custom make this for you, but you could probably DIY for about the same cost and that's IF you have to buy everything new that you need to solder. If you never have, this seems like a great place to start (because if it fails, you're just out a light, and this isn't something that your vehicle will have down time over).

I would first try to find two sets of lights that add up to the wattage of the factory bulbs, and then you won't need any resistors. If you go lower than factory, you might need a resistor. If you go higher than factory you need to make sure the wire size can handle the additional load.

I would personally make a separate pigtail with the correct lengths, Its a really simple job, and to have it done right and easily removable for any reason. Of course you could always just add a power and ground with butt splice connectors. If you are going as cheap as you can, I would still add wire loom to it considering the location of it.

If you did find someone to make it you could just have them make it longer and zip tie the excess once mounted.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to run to 2 pairs on my nbs I had one setup as a drl so whenever the key was on the lights were on, but you can wire them together on the same circuit no problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094